Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Pc Build Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 drenmaster

drenmaster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

this is the first pc i built, grabed a magazine that showed a pc build and basicly copied it. the specs are
asus a8n32- sli, amd x2 3800, duel 7900gt, 2 gigs ram 600 watt power supply, 400 gig sata HD only old item is my soundblaster ls.

i put everything together with no problems, when i installed windows i go the bluescreen about 5 minutes into the install. this contined for about 2 hours, finnaly after the 5th install it finnaly started to work. i started to update everything and the computer would restart every 5 minutes. i took a break from it then came back and everything seemed to work with no problems. played BF2 for about 5 hours stait with no problems what aso ever.

as of now the computer plays battlefield 2, cs source, quake 4 and GTR 2 demo with all setting maxed out no problems. i just installed hitman blood money, GTR 2 (Real Game) and crash day. evertime i open these last three games i get a message saying "GTR2 - FIA GT Racing Game has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." of course the game title is differnt in each error but that the only thing.

ive uninstalled them reinstalled them and samething over and over. onlything is i started in safe mode tryed to open GTR2 and instead of that error it said somthign about cant find direct x drivers. so i dont know if directx has anythign to do with this or not.

i ordered a new hard drive which i will install windows on formate my other drive and hopefully all will go well. anyone else have any other suggestions?

thanks.

Edited by drenmaster, 19 September 2006 - 08:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:17 AM

Often when you get alot of seemingly weird, unexplainable errors, the RAM is to be suspected. I would try some different RAM. Make surethe RAM is compatible with the motherboard.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

Also, check your Event Viewer for error messages that may point at the culprit: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:12 PM

But don;t be surprised if you can't figure out whatsome of the things in the Even Viewer mean. Alot of the messages in there are nearly cryptic! :thumbsup:

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

instead of that error it said somthign about cant find direct x drivers.

Try downloading the latest version of Direct X
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

Edited by Enthusiast, 19 September 2006 - 09:36 PM.

#6 drenmaster

drenmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:07 PM

so i did memtest first time it went threw i have like 2351 errors, it ran ove night and went up to like 27000 errors, no idea how to log them but i think this memory is bad.. its the gskill F1 3200 gbzx, i saw a review on another forums of this exact ram with the same mother board working no problems..

im just gonna RMA this stuff back to newegg and hopefully the problem gets fix..

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:11 PM

Did you overclock anything, especially the Ram on the original setup?

Although Ram can be bad right out of the package.

Make sure you get Ram that is supported by your motherboard.

Edited by Enthusiast, 20 September 2006 - 07:13 PM.

#8 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:16 PM

so i did memtest first time it went threw i have like 2351 errors, it ran ove night and went up to like 27000 errors, no idea how to log them but i think this memory is bad.. its the gskill F1 3200 gbzx, i saw a review on another forums of this exact ram with the same mother board working no problems..

im just gonna RMA this stuff back to newegg and hopefully the problem gets fix..

That's the best thing to do. I said at the begining of this thread that your RAM was bad, and this just proves it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users