Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 schmo_lh

schmo_lh

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:27 AM

i have recently reformatted my computer, and no it says that there is no audio device. my speakers were workingn perfectly fine before i reformatted the computer and they seem to very perfectly fine now. there is a power supply into the speakers and all the cables are connected properly. i don't see why they don't work. PLEASE HELP ME!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:15 AM

i have recently reformatted my computer, and no it says that there is no audio device. my speakers were workingn perfectly fine before i reformatted the computer and they seem to very perfectly fine now. there is a power supply into the speakers and all the cables are connected properly. i don't see why they don't work. PLEASE HELP ME!

Two things: First, do you havea drivers disk of some kind for your sound card? If so, those driversneed to be installed. another thing to try would be to click the Start menu, click Control Panel, and n Control Panel click Add New Hardware. It will search yourcomputer for new hardware, and as long as your sound card is functioning properly, it should find it.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:04 AM

If your sound is onboard the motherboard (not a separate sound card), the drivers should be on the cd that came with the motherboard or the drivers cd that came with the computer if it was built by a major computer manufacturer such as HP, Dell, Etc.

You can also download the driver from the manufacturer's support site.

#4 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:45 AM

If all of the above don't help you can try driversguide.com. They have one of the most extensive databases of drivers on the web.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users