Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Scrolling Is Lagging

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 schmo_lh

schmo_lh

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:23 AM

hi there, recently i reformatted my computer and since then my mouse has been playing up. when browsing webpages or just reading documents. my mouse doesn't scroll smoothly. it's...um....can't find the word to describe it....when i use the wheel, the page doesn't scroll down smoothly but has jolts. and it is doing this very very slowly like it is lagging. what can i do to fix this? it is getting quite annoying

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:39 AM

It could be as simple as cleaning the mouse.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 schmo_lh

schmo_lh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:41 AM

but the thing is that the mouse was working perfectly fine before i reformatted my computer which was only a matter of 3 hours ago

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:44 AM

My experience has been it happens often and the symptoms are exactly as you described. Did you clean the mouse?
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 schmo_lh

schmo_lh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:44 AM

sorry, furthermore i think i should clarify that the page isn't scrolling smoothly, not exactly the mouse. the page scrolls, stops, scrolls, stops, it's not consistent and the page takes ages to scroll down to the bottom

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,324 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:44 AM

Those are DIRTY MOUSE symptoms. Again, did you clean the mouse? It would be the first thing to do before looking for less obvious reasons.

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:00 AM

Did you try the mouse troubleshooter you can access in the mouse section of the control panel?
Click on "Mouse", then the hardware tab to access it.

You can also try updating the mouse driver using the device manager.

Do you have a mouse that came with proprietal software and if so have you reinstalled it?

If it is wireless, you can also try changing the batteries.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:53 AM

Did you reinstall your hardware drivers after reinstalling Windows? In particular your motherboard/chipset drivers? Any mouse software drivers also?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:34 PM

THis works sometimes for this problem.

In the Control Panel, select Mouse and the Pointer Options tab. Uncheck “Enhance pointer precision” and the problem may go away.

#10 schmo_lh

schmo_lh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:46 PM

thanks for that tip, but in my pointers options, there is no box that says 'enhance pointer precision' but thanks again for your tips

#11 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:24 PM

Are you seeing any other anomalies in the way the system is working like lag when you are typing a document or doing anything else other than using the mouse?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users