Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'90s Computer Buffs: Can you identify this '90s Computer Brand/Model?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HungryEyes

HungryEyes

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:59 PM

Hello!

This is a bit of a random request, and I have to admit, slightly lacks true purpose other than giving me mental satisfaction...

I am hoping someone with a good eye, and a history with computers will be able to be my angel here.

I recently found a photo of my very first computer, a Windows PC, from some time in the latter half of the '90's.

If nothing else, can someone identify what the PC company logo is in the front panel of the unit? 

Thank you for taking your time to read my aimless, nostalgia-fueled request,

-HungryEyes

IMG_20170924_013410183_zpsrhcgt7jj.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lookPoo

lookPoo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

Gateway 486 my guess. I am pretty sure of the brand and fairly sure of the model.

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 PM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:37 AM

That is a Packard Bell Legend 2CD 486SX-33. The white wavy panels in the front and speakers on the side of the monitor was a dead giveaway.

http://pbclub.pwcsite.com/wiki/index.php?title=Legend_2CD

#4 HungryEyes

HungryEyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:13 AM

That is a Packard Bell Legend 2CD 486SX-33. The white wavy panels in the front and speakers on the side of the monitor was a dead giveaway.

http://pbclub.pwcsite.com/wiki/index.php?title=Legend_2CD

Thank you technonymous! 

Finally, I can put a name on the first PC I've used -- as silly as that may sound.

Much appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users