Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Net keeps dropping out on Macbook, other devices fine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JimmyRiddle

JimmyRiddle

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

This happened a few times before, but now seems to be increasing in frequency to the point where it is becoming a real pain.

The MB is connected, all bars are showing, but the connection drops inexplicably. The blue bar that goes from left to right under the web address (at top of screen) gets stuck around inch across, and sort of freezes there. This normally lasts about 2-3 mins before returning to function. All along my iphone is absolutely fine an unaffected. 

Are there any reasons that may cause this? Sorry if my knowledge is pretty basic. I am on a shared router, in shared accomodation and don't have access to the CP. The fact that this same issue occurred before in another location and router, leads me to believe it may be a problem in the mac / settings or safari.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 traxsdata

traxsdata

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

Just found this article on Apple's site that walks through how to analyze Wi-Fi connections for issues.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202663

It sounds like, based on what the tool finds, it may offer recommendations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users