Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Obaining a List of All Services on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

How can I get a printable list of all the services listed on my Windows 7 64-bit computer?  Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:10 AM

Hi,

There are several ways to do it, some will list certain services others don't, can you tell us what is the objective?

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,443 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

Here is a list from Black Viper's site for all versions of Windows 7 SP1. You can print or export to other formats.

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:49 AM

Those are just the native Windows services...programs/drivers may add their own as they are installed.  So will malware.

The Speccy report will reflect current services on a system at a particular point in time.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 24 September 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#5 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

I downloaded Speccy.  Thanks!

#6 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

I do apologize if I seem a bit disconnected right now.   I am.  I'm in the process of moving and this isn't the best of times to be doing computer things, but I'm wanting to verify that all the services running are legit.  I downloaded Speccy and ran it but don't see a way to list all the services running.  I am hoping to find a way to verify them without having the do a search for each and every one.  If it matters, Windows 7 Pro.

This computer (I have three laptops and this is the latest brought into service two months ago) is doing some strange things.  There is a delay of about a second before I start typing into a search box, for instance.  When I fire up the computer, it really takes a longer time to connect to the internet than I'm used to on other computers.  And the other day, I closed all the programs and logged off and got one of those msgs from SVC Host about open programs still running, and three were listed, my most widely used apps, but I had already closed them.  I never saw that one before.

Some background info.  I only have 4GB RAM and I know more RAM is always good.  I will be adding another 4 GB.  This is a Lenovo laptop and it the warranty just expired and I will be uninstalling all the Lenovo programs.  There are quite a few running and I thought those might be slowing me down as well.

As I said, I want to verify that all the services running are legit.

Edited by LittleGreenDots, 02 October 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#7 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

Please open the Command Prompt as a administrator and execute following command.

wmic SERVICE list full /format:list > c:\services.txt & notepad c:\services.txt

Posted Image

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:11 AM

I don't know what criteria you intend to use for your verifcation process, particurly when it comes to svchost.exe processes.  I suppose that Google will be the primary source of info about a given service...but you wil find caveats there that indicate that malware may camouflage itself as a valid service/exe..

But the following may be of some value:  How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial129.html

Louis

#9 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 444 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

Thanks Louis!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users