Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard back light not behaving

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 freddy12

freddy12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

W10 -  MSI laptop GP62 7RD. Steelseries keyboard.

Hi 

New machine.

On loading system for first time backlight to keyboard worked well. Specifically on Dragon control (MSI controller for hardware) there are options for wave, audio and breathing. These alter backlight to fade in and out periodically for effect. 

These effects are not critical to running however it is annoying they no longer work. The W10 updated as was expected on installation. And the backlights started to malfunction. However, I conjecture that W10 drivers are at fault. 

Please note I have read thoroughly the MSI forums and despite there being a huge amount of topics relating to keyboard issues and drivers for them being discussed it seems no  definitive answer that I can use. Steelseries, MSI and W10 are not helpful on the issue. I suspect W10 not talking to keyboard but cannot prove. 

After long struggle I reloaded OS from scratch and fault persisted.

Any practical help welcomed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users