Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo z565 Windows 7 laptop black screen No curcor, no windows logo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rickyman01

rickyman01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:42 PM

Hello,

As the title says my Lenovo z565 Windows 7 laptop seems to power on (lights work) but the screen stays black. I do not get a windows logo or any cursor. I also notice when I plug in or unplug the power cord the computer beeps which it did not do before. I also tried hooking the laptop into another output device I know works but I still get nothing on the screen.  Any help on this topic would be great! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

Do you get the Lenovo logo when booting? If not then pull the power and main battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the power adapter but not the battery and see if you can boot.

If nothing pull the hard drive and it may through an error where you can access the BIOS. If that happens it's probably a hard drive failure. If still nothing it may be the power adapter or charging circuit, or some other hardware issue. You can test your power brick with a multimeter if you have one.

This person had a similar issue and it was the video processor. The video shows some nice troubleshooting tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users