Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC is infected, need help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PatFenis

PatFenis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Hello guys,

Im new at this forum, so thx for future help. 2 days ago I experienced some strange things happening, suddenly while I was in online game my PC start typing on its own in global, some strange words with no sense, then it took me out of windows and start opening random files, opening CD rom and shuting down screen and PC, even internet speed was slower then usual. I had my antivirus Eset smart security and nothing happened. So I scanned whole PC and nothing was found. I downloaded other antivirus programs and some programs like malwarebytes, rkill, combofix still nothing. So I reinstalled Windows 7 and formated HD and again same problem, even in Starting screen on Windows boot.. Automatic typing of strange words. I turned off my internet but that doesnt help. I tried again that option, even burning new windows 7 copy from my friends PC and trying installing it. It looks like virus spread deep into my hard or possibly bios? Looks like I cant clean it after so many attempts. Last thing I did was to pull out motherboard batery for bios restart. Installed new CD with Windows 7 and everything was ok but then suddenly again things start to happen, Need help

Edited by hamluis, 23 September 2017 - 05:46 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,096 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:08 AM

Welcome to BC....

Unless you are halucinating...:)....I suggest you look to any peripheral devices attached or linked through WIFI as the source of the problem.

I suggest disconnecting ALL and resetting and re-securing the router to start. Stay away from the suspected game site until you have solved the

problem. Or stay away permanently if you really suspect that is where the problem started. Use a different keyboard and mouse.

Reformatting and re-installing Windows would remove 99.99% of any malware from the hdd.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 catsears

catsears

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

ok, possible my laptop is also.  like hers, mine has started duplicating tabs, i.e.  when I click on something, it starts duplicating the tabs, blinking off and on; also it wont open any links I click on...have to open in an "incognito" window; its been slower than normal; have run all the scanners (malwarebytes, spybot, mcafee, and any others I can think of, all to no avail!  shows nothing.

but know something is wacky!  any ideas for this one?  thanks so much!!!

#4 PatFenis

PatFenis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

Hello guys,

I replaced my HD with new one. Everything is working now. It had bad sectors or maybe some bad guy slipped in hidden part, who knows. Thx for help.
You can close this thread.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users