Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with system startup / cant boot system

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PStewart84

PStewart84

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm here by recommendation and I really need help.

I've had a desktop which I bought about 5 years ago now which at the time was of a good spec.

Obviously it's ageing somewhat and I'm looking to try and add newer parts.

The problem starts here, I've recently in the last few weeks had intermittent issues where the pcs screen colour would dim colour, no issues but it was almost a warning.

Next, my PC has instead started stalling/freezing then reverting to normal.

Eventually the PC has got worse and would stall and come back after 2 to 5 minutes. Eventually its got worse and does not come back to normal and would blue screen each time with a different issue type - with the :-( symbol. When doing this it would routinely restart.

I checked device manager conflicts and couldn't really do anything to fix it. System restore..nothing.

So I made the decision to do a clean install. Bad decision.

Having chosen a clean install It's began an endless cycle of cleaning files then on the install start it would get to a couple of percent, seem to be overwork itself a bit then restarting itself again.

I've bought a new ssd and I've tried to boot from that and it loads, the fans start working.. seconds later the system goes off. I've then tried with both the faulty HD and the SSD installed and the same thing.

I was planning on getting a new PC bit by bit and my next stop is a new hard-drive or graphics card as I'm guessing they may be the problem.

My question to you is with this information I've given do you think it's possible to somehow get windows working with a clean install using my new ssd baring in mind I can't copy it now as I can't get to the desktop.

Secondly I can't even get it to boot properly since installing the new ssd.

System spec:

Samsung Vnand Ssd 850 evo
Ocz 650zs series 5 fan
Evga GTX 570hd Graphics card
foxconn n15235 mother board
I7 processor
Windows 10
Seagate 2tb barracuda hard-drive

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

Does the system boot into Windows...using old hard drive?  Can you boot tinto safe mode?  Access the BIOS/setup?

How did you install Windows on the SSD?

Stated mothetboard does not support i7 CPU, from What I See.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 23 September 2017 - 02:26 PM.

#3 PStewart84

PStewart84
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:18 AM

Rather than the cycle I described of rebooting and restarting since inserting the ssd it's no longer booting windows at all it seems to just fire up and then stop. I've tried it with just the ssd I've tried it with the HD and ssd together I'm going to see if it starts OK with just having the HD on its own again. If that isn't working something's gone wrong since installing the ssd. The i7 was definitely working with the mobo the last couple of years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users