Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't use new GPU

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dumpolicious

Dumpolicious

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Hey guys. Recently, I upgraded my GPU to a Geforce GTX 1060. However, multiple things have happened and a solution evades me. First, my Device Manager doesn't show the GPU at all. Second, Nvidia drivers always fail, saying "Nvidia installer failed" no matter what I do. Also, I do not see any method of switching to this new GPU in the BIOS settings. However, when I scan my PC for my GPU on the Nvidia website, the GTX 1060 pops up. My monitor is plugged into the GPU directly and works fine. Even the Motherboard map shows that a Nvidia PCIE is installed. It's like the GPU is installed, and can be used, but it's like my PC just doesn't use it for it's actual purpose. Help please? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:41 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

What version of Windows are you running?

Did this GPU come with a CD with the drivers you will need?  If it did, did you install the drivers?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Dumpolicious

Dumpolicious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

What version of Windows are you running?

Did this GPU come with a CD with the drivers you will need?  If it did, did you install the drivers?

I built this computer myself. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500
Motherboard: MSI 7972
Ram: 8 gigs
PSU: EVGA 500 B1

And no, the card didn't come with a CD. Even when I try to install the drivers from the Nvidia website, the download always fails for no apparent reason. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users