Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[#3] Sorry, we can't connect to Microsoft services at the moment...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lillian7

Lillian7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

I have been having the same issues with my PC.computer fried and took the mobo, an HDD and one of my SSD's with it. Lost everything. I have had a Microsoft Account for around 15 years. I tried the instructions you gave earlier but 8.1 tells me it cannot locate 'service.msc'. Any other ways to pull up the sign-in assistant?

Edited by britechguy, 23 September 2017 - 10:25 AM.
Thread split to maintain "one member, one computer, one problem" approach

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hi Lilian7, welcome to Bleeping Computer.

You need to start your own topic.  It has been my experience that problems read in another members topic may sound very much like what you are dealing with, but these problems usually have enough differences that the repair may differ from what you requires.  I will request that your post be split from this topic to create a topic for you.

When you opened the Run box and ran the service.msc did you finish by clicking/taping on OK?

Please post a full description of the problem you are experiencing.  Posting the make and model of this computer usually is useful.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users