Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ashampoo office suite 2016

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

hi to all,

i wish to know what is missing from the ashampoo office 2016 compared to microsoft office suite and from those free office suites as well

the price of the ashampoo office is really very cheap 

https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/0638/office-software/office-2016

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

You ask the similar question like to ask what the difference between 7z and WinZip. They just can not be compared.
If you ask if either Ashampoo Office 2016 or Softmaker Office 2016 would be another thing. 
For example, I prefer WPS instead others, was previously known as Kingsoft Office.
It's just your choice, which to prefer.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

I can't say for sure with the likes of LibreOffice or OpenOffice, but I do use Softmaker Office 2016, which is the full product of that which is licensed by Ashampoo as their Office 2016. I gather the Ashampoo version is a little cut down, the main lack I find reference to is absence of scripting Basic, and limited dictionaries.

My requirements for dealing with MS Office documents is extremely basic, so I can't give much personal comment on features and compatibility, but a fellow technician at my work experimented and felt the Softmaker/Ashampoo suite worked the best of the MS alternatives.

A possibility is to experiment with Softmaker FreeOffice, which I think is not too much different to the Ashampoo version:

http://www.freeoffice.com/en/

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 09:10 AM

Ashampoo Office is a rebranded version of Softmaker Office which does offer a free version. The free version should meet most if not all of your needs.

http://www.freeoffice.com/en/discover/freeoffice-windows-linux

#5 nickos

nickos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:01 AM

good morning my friends

many thanks for the replies

i will try to download first some free office suites to try