Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will there be a WWIII ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DigitalAkbar

DigitalAkbar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:02 AM

Hello Everyone,

I think by the recent exchange of threats between President Donald Trump and Kim Jong their could be a war between USA and North Korea. Will this effect the world??

Give your thoughts about it.

Edited by hamluis, 23 September 2017 - 05:25 AM.
Moved from Introductions to Gen Chat - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:40 AM

No war this week...maybe next. Did you know that India trades with NK.... according to Wikipedia? India buys silver and auto parts

and sells refined petroleum products to NK. NK has an embassy in New Delhi. NK and Pakistan have close relations and NK has assisted

Pakistan in developing nuclear missiles and has sold parts for missiles to Pakistan.

Completely cutting off trade with NK by ALL countries and smugglers is the most likely action that will end NK's nuclear armament and destruction of

its stock pile of nuclear material and bombs. If that happens the next big question is "would Kim decide to go out in a blaze of glory...or not"?

Trump has five licensing agreements in India cities...no monetary investment...just allowing the use of the Trump name.

Perhaps if he can get one or more licensing agreements in NK he may lighten up on his child like name calling. Organized crime uses the

same strategy employed by Trump to get what they want. I think Trump learned a lot from the Mafia in his dealings with them.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:45 AM

Doubtful.   Both Trump and Kim Jong Un are narcissists who believe that whatever they say or think is right and that no one's interests but their own are of concern.

But, I also doubt that either one is genuinely stupid enough to literally "go nuclear" because everyone knows what that would lead to.  If Kim Jon Un is stupid enough to go through with an above-ground nuclear test there is little question that the world community will cut North Korea off entirely, which is distinctly not in his interests, which is why I think that bluster is unlikely to become a reality.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#4 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:39 PM

Pipe dream here... Kim Jong-un just might test an ICBM thermonuclear device that misfires due to lack of technical expertise and a rush to rattle a saber back at Trump's own rattling. 
Oops... it goes off course and air bursts over Ryongsong, taking out him and his cronies in Pyongyang with minimal fallout (airburst vs. ground), decimating the tyrants. 
With world response over the crisis, political prisoners are freed from their incarceration.
After witnessing what a hydrogen bomb can do vs. atomic, Indian and Pakistani tensions ease, averting possible worldwide escalations, drinks are served, and...
Dang, just woke up! 
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#5 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

No government really cares of North Korea as an ally, China do it "by default" because NK existence will prevent USA to get a stronger strategic point if NK is taken over by SK.

Emsisoft Community Manager

#6 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

Re: Akbar's topic title, we all certainly hope that World War III will never come to pass as today's nuclear weaponry available to a few out of the conglomerate of nations involved in such a war could actually resort in one so equipped to press that trigger, resulting in escalations where the aftermath is only comprehensible via computer simulations. 
ie: a really bad day.
A quote we are probably all familiar with: 
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein, in an interview with Alfred Werner, Liberal Judaism 16 (April-May 1949), Einstein Archive.

Edited by r.a.d., 23 September 2017 - 06:12 PM.

#7 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:52 AM

Kim John Un does not have a delivery system that would reach the US mainland, if all the stuff I have been reading is true. This being the case, Trump holds the best cards. From everything coming out of NK, they all seem to be completely mad

(even more so than Trump) Therefore it would seem logical for Trump to wipe out Pyongyang with an H-bomb.

#8 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

Attractive ( H-bomb) except for the breaking of a precedent held for 72 years (Hiroshima/Nagasaki) that could inspire other nations to more easily acquiesce to the same in conflicts.
But hey, if that little despot swings a wooden club our way, then we're justified in smashing him back with a log.

#9 A1a5h3

A1a5h3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

If you ask me I say it started already. Its a Cyber War. I know folks out there will probably think out loud " Who the hell is the dude".  Even Elon Musk knows .. Refer to his article back in Sept 4. 17

https://www.cnet.com/news/elon-musk-artificial-intelligence-world-war-iii-russia-china/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users