Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing My Ip Address

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tigalawilala

tigalawilala

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:37 AM

ok so i do what people say and go to cmd in run but when i do it, it says this program is already in use. so i cant go in. before this i tried loads of different ways to change my ip address. is there any way to change it? and if i need to, get into cmd??????????? thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:16 PM

Your IP is issued by your ISP, so it likely be changed by the ISP. I've heard of many ways of changing the ISP, but none of them work as far as I know. And besides, messing with your network settings can make more problems than it solves.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:30 AM

Hi tigalawilala, welcome to BC.
What type of connection are you using?
If you're on dial-up, your ip addy is dynamic and will change from time to time on it's own.
If you're on cable, your ip is static (never changes). The only way that will work for sure is to call your IP provider and request they change it.
A workaround would be to hide it instead using either an anonymous proxy server or vpn client.
There are free and pay versions of both.
If you want to surf anonymously without installing any software, try Proxify. It also blocks adds.
A freeware vpn client, such as iPIG is another alternative. I use it in wireless hotspots.
The more you tell us about your setup, the better we can help you. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users