Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems signing into Xbox.com with Firefox

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

For some reason when I try to sign into Xbox.com with the Firefox browser it doesn't work properly (but works just fine with the Chromium browser) I'm able to sign-in but it doesn't show my profile it looks like I didn't even sign-in. I wondering if any else is having this problem or it's a unique problem with Linux Mint?

I started notice this about 5-6 months ago and I tried Linux Mint 18.2 KDE in Virtualbox and still noticed the same problem.

I'm currently running Linux Mint 17.2 KDE 64bit

Edited by SuperSapien64, 22 September 2017 - 07:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:04 PM

Can you login using Firefox in Safe Mode?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode#w_how-to-start-firefox-in-safe-mode

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 922 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

I tried that and it appears that Ublock Origin is somehow interfering with Xbox.com but strangely I cant sign-out also I have Ublock Origin installed on Chromium, and that works perfectly. BTW I also tried white-listing Xbox.com and still gives me problems. So I have to first disable Ublock Origin then sign-into Xbox.com then re-enable Ublock Origin. What a pain.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

A year old but it may help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/4avjs2/xboxcom_and_ublock_origin/

I would google security.OCSP.enabled and security.OCSP.require before you decide to do this.

#5 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 922 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

A year old but it may help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/4avjs2/xboxcom_and_ublock_origin/

I would google security.OCSP.enabled and security.OCSP.require before you decide to do this.

Security.OCSP.require  is already set to false and security.OCSP.enabled is set to 1. What the heck by this logic it should be working on Xbox.com. :rolleyes: :(

Edited by SuperSapien64, 23 September 2017 - 06:18 PM.

#6 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 922 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Now I'm having the same problem with Playstation.com.:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users