Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic PDF generation when printing documents?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Legal_Beagle

Legal_Beagle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

I am looking for a program that will capture documents as they are being printed and save a copy of them as a PDF or something similar. Our office computers run windows. We use a program called "Legal Billing" by Chaos Software Group. The program suits our needs quite well except it doesn't offer any good way to keep track of which bills have been sent and when. If we could capture a copy of each invoice in the form of a PDF (or something else) as it's being printed, this would solve our problem.

Does anyone know of such a program? Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 22 September 2017 - 12:19 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Businexs Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

That software includes the Time & Chaos daily scheduler (which I've used for years).  Seems to me that entering date/time info on it or directly on your bills...would serve to document what was done and when.

And...making file copies of every billing is a basic accounting task, while a decent Accounts Payable system has to account for those activities.

Sounds to me like you need some basic accounting knowledge moreso than a .pdf copy of documents.

What printer are you using?  Print to .pdf is a rather common feature these days, IMO.  Foxit is the program I use for such.

Louis

#3 dziabong

dziabong

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

I think that indeed you want to solve your problem in a quite complicated way but if you really want to you can achieve this by simultaneous printing (look here:http://smallbusiness.chron.com/print-two-printers-time-43982.html) where one of selected printers will be pdf printer (e.g. bullzip, foxit etc).

Edited by dziabong, 23 September 2017 - 04:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users