Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes 3 (free) 'a scan has never been run'....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 talx

talx

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

I have Malwarebytes 3.1.2 (free) installed, the problem is that every time i 'restart' my laptop (not a shutdown and then start) MB tells me that 'a scan has never been run' which i have many times (run)...this is getting a nuisance because when i do run a scan in MB about 50 PUPs (potentially unwanted program) are flagged (connected to one program i have installed) which i know is not unwanted....I put these on the exclusion list and all is well  until i have, for some reason, perform a 'restart' on my laptop then MB says 'a scan has never been run'....all the 'exclusions' are gone off the exclusion list and i have to go through it all again...as i have said this does not happen on a normal 'shutdown' and 'startup' only on a 'restart'.....i have other 'cleaning' programs such as Ccleaner, JRT and SuperAntispyware that i use but i have ruled these out of causing this problem (as some has said Ccleaner might be causing this)....so anybody have any advice how this problem might be fixed....thank you....    

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

When you're having issues with Malwarebytes, one of the solutions generally suggested by the Help Desk to try first is to reinstall or uninstall/reinstall after using mb-clean.exe:
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

Hi, talx!

After using the above-mentioned tool, and reinstall or uninstall/reinstall, please download and install the new Malwarebytes v3.2.2.2029, which was released on 09/18/17, as there might be a chance that the said issue already has been fixed in this upgrade.

Good luck! :)

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 22 September 2017 - 10:47 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#4 talx

talx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

When reading about MB clean i noticed one of the steps... 5.Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:

• Yes – will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x

what i like to ask will this download the 'paid' version or as i have installed the 'free' version......will it know i have the 'free' version before it 'cleans' it and instal the 'free' one after....thanks  

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

There is no difference between the Free, Trial and Premium download files. The installer/setup for all three are the same. If you are installing for the first time during the install, it will ask if you want a 14-day trial mode. After the trial you can choose to continue using Free or upgrade to paid Premium. If you decide to purchase the Premium version, then you will be provided a license that will activate the product and enable the Premium features. If after 14 days, you don't want the Premium version there is nothing you need to do as Malwarebytes 3.x reverts to manual stand-alone scanner that detects and removes malware when you run a scan.

Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 talx

talx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

thank you for getting back to me so promptly and thanks for that information....

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,287 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

You're welcome.