Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 7 Ultimate browser takeover

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beemerdoc

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

I suddenly got some malware that redirects to numerous web sites, especially in IE 11.

I have followed the removal tutorial  for the beeping, unsafe browser warning, reset the browsers, and it still comes back.

Tools I have used:

ADW Cleaner

Hitman Pro

I am running ESET Professional on this machine.

I even downloaded the ESET ISO to check the machine with windows not running.

All I have to do is open IE, and the thing comes alive.  Sometimes, it tries to open SSP.zryydi.com, sometimes it tries to go to ydpi.pw, sometimes it will open a whole slew of windows. Usually Malwarebytes and ESET will stop it, but sometimes not.  IE11 is a necessity for me, as I have Alldata Pro that doesn't like to run on Chrome. That is the only website I use on this machine in IE 11.

My Chrome browser seems to be fixed.

Outside of formatting and reloading Windows 7, does anyone have any thoughts?

I have reset IE11 to factory defaults, but the adware/malware showed up immediately.

Thank you,

I left out an important detail. On the 12 of this month, I downloaded and used CCleaner on this machine. I had a hard time with it, and I elected to restore the machine to an earlier date rather than uninstall the software.  It actually caused the failure of another hard drive that was in the machine. I also noticed all restore points were gone between now and the one in August. There were at least 2 more that disappeared.   

Attached Files

Edited by Beemerdoc, 22 September 2017 - 04:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 polskamachina

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,879 posts
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

Hi Beemerdoc

My name is polskamachina and I would like to :welcome: you to the Malware Removal Forum. I will be helping you with your malware issues.

What follows below are some ground rules for this forum.
I will reply as soon as possible (typically within 24-48 hours). In turn, I ask that you please respond within 72 hours. If you know you will be away longer than that, please let me know. I am in California at GMT-7 hours (Pacific Standard Time). If I do not respond to you within 48 hours, feel free to send me a private message.

Some points for you to keep in mind:

• Do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
  • We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine. Running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, cause unforeseen damage, or system instability.
  • Do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
  • I cannot see your computer. Periodically update me on the condition of your computer, and provide as much detail as you can in every post.
  • Once things seem to be working again, please do not abandon the thread. I will give an "all-clean" message at the very end.
  • NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planned. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a flash drive, anywhere except on the computer.
  • NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.

Please give me some time to review your situation and I will get back to you with further instructions.

#3 Beemerdoc

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

Well, first thing I broke the rules. I am sorry for that, but I think I have figured out a work around.

I noticed that this problem only occurred in my main user name. When I logged in as the Administrator account, everything worked just fine.

So, I created a new user account, and copied the user account from c:\users\ old account to c:\users\ new account. I got everything that I had on my old desktop and my settings all transferred over, and All works as it should. The only thing I forgot about was the outlook stuff, but I saved everything in a folder on the Administrator' desktop and will easily get it completely restored.

I then deleted the user account.

All browsers are working as they should.

Thank you, and I am OK with you closing this request. If I have further trouble, I will open a new request.

#4 Machiavelli

Agent 007

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,951 posts
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

• Every topic with no replies within 5 days will be closed.
  • If you like my help here please give me feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users