Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Current Hijack This Log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 tj_larson

tj_larson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:22:37 PM, on 9/18/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\DOCUME~1\TERRYL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 3 for hijackthis_199.zip\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LXCICATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCItime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxcimon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 7300 Series\lxcimon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EzPrint] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 7300 Series\ezprint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [serpe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\formatsys.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ltwob] C:\WINDOWS\msmbw.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [serpe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\formatsys.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ltwob] C:\WINDOWS\msmbw.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\wcescomm.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineS...er.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe...nt.cab31267.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: BlueSoleil Hid Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BTNtService.exe
O23 - Service: lxci_device - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxcicoms.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

Please tell me what I can do to fix this problem. I am not sure where I went off the beaten path, but I know that I could sure use your help, please save me!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:26 AM

Hello,
You have a nasty infection present :thumbsup:

Please perform my steps in the right order...

Download this removal tool and save it to your desktop:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...moval.tool.html

If you're not able to download it, perform next first:
* Download: Hoster
Unzip hoster to an own folder, eg C:\Hoster
Start Hoster.exe, click 'Restore Original Hosts' and click OK.

do not run the removal tool yet..;

Open notepad and copy and paste next present in the quotebox below in it:
(don't forget to copy and paste REGEDIT4)

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\run]
"serpe"=-
"ltwob"=-
"avnort"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer\run]
"serpe"=-
"ltwob"=-
"avnort"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore]
"DisableConfig"=-
"DisableSR"=-

Save this as fix.reg Choose to save as *all files and place it on your desktop.
It should look like this: Posted Image
(In case you are unsure how to create a reg file, take a look here with screenshots.)

* Reboot into Safe Mode`: ( without networking support !)
°To get into the Windows XP Safe Mode, restart your computer and, just before Windows starts to load, tap the F8 key a few times.
Choose Safe Mode from the menu that will appear and press Enter.

In safe mode,

* Start HijackThis, close all open windows leaving only HijackThis running. Place a check against each of the following:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [serpe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\formatsys.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ltwob] C:\WINDOWS\msmbw.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [serpe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\formatsys.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ltwob] C:\WINDOWS\msmbw.exe

* Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.
Make sure your Internet Explorer is closed when you click Fix Checked!

* Still in safe mode, Run the w32.serflog.removal.tool you downloaded before.

* Doubleclick on fix.reg you made previously and when it asks you if you want to merge the contents to the registry, click yes/ok.

Reboot back to normal mode.

Please perform this online scan: Kaspersky Webscan
1. Read the Requirements and Privacy statement, then select "Accept"
2. A dialogue box will appearing asking "Do you want to install this software?" Name: kavwebscan_unicode.cab
3. Select "Install" to download the ActiveX controls that allows ActiveScan to run.
4. If running MSAS beta you may receive an alert that an IE ActiveX program requires your approval. Click "Allow"
5. When the download is complete it will say ready, click "Next"
6. Select a target to scan: Click on "My Computer"
7. When the scan is complete choose to save the results as "Save as Text"
8. Post the Kaspersky scan results in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:32 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users