Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which of these 2 processors are much better for a laptop?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gray2344

gray2344

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:31 AM

Hi, I need some advice. I want to get a laptop. I was looking particularly at the processors in each. One is an Acer laptop with an Intel celeron N3350 duo core processor which has a speed of 1.1 Ghz with a boost to 2.4 Ghz, whilst the other is a HP laptop with an AMD Quad-Core E2-7110 processor with a speed of 1.8 GHz. I will only be using the laptop for watching films online, surfing the net and using Microsoft office. Can I ask, if the specs and price of the laptop are pretty much the same apart from the processor, which one would you buy. (i.e which is the better processor for speed and use in the long run)

Thank you.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 21 September 2017 - 06:37 PM.
Moved from 'Which tablet should I buy' to Questions and advice on new computers'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 11,357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:41 AM

The AMD can be expected to have a performance advantage in many applications, the Celeron has lower power consumption so could deliver longer battery life in mobile usage.

A number of benchmarks are listed in an article here, courtesy of Google:

https://technical.city/en/cpu/E2-7110-vs-Celeron-N3350

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 gray2344

gray2344
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:03 AM

Being mobile isn't really a factor for myself, as I will be using it nearly always at home. I was looking to buy a laptop instead of a PC, so it can be tucked away into the cupboard when not needed. I just wanted a laptop which will boot up quickly and will not be slow when watching films online or when browsing the net. From what would you said, am I right, you would recommend the AMD Quad-Core E2-7110 processor out of the two?? Would the difference of speed of the processors be that much noticeable when using the laptop for the above uses?

#4 managel

managel

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

You will notice the difference when the laptop has many running process in the background.  This is inevitable because we load so many software. Antivirus, firewalls, cloud drive app etc.  All of them start eating resources in the background. 

Also, if you open a lot of browser tabs then better CPU and Memory specs will help. 

So, go for better specs.  

I would even buy a used enterprise workstation laptop that comes at lower cost but can have great specs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users