Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP ! got a Microsoft Blockage, need to get rid of it....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 john1644

john1644

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

worst, I am computer illiterate I regret to say.  that being said, I've been blocked by ' Microsoft' and told to call Microsoft Tech for assistance,  I know it's a scam and did not call anyone.  however, I'd like to clear my system as it cannot be fully used.  I got on by activating one of the left over sites on the bottom of the screen.

I believe I can get back on my PC. So, if anyone can guide this not to PC smart old man in getting rid of Microsoft Blockage I'd appreciate it.   Thanks

p.s.   the simpler you make it the better my chances...............  John        I have a windows 10 laptop

Edited by john1644, 20 September 2017 - 05:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Uncle bob

Uncle bob

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

This is usually not a big problem. Turn your computer off, then back on. Instead of getting on the internet the way you normally do, I want you to type "msn.com" without the quotation marks, in the search box at the bottom left of your screen. Then hit enter. This should open Edge on the msn page. Now you should be able to close your browser normally. by clicking the "x" in the upper right corner. If it closes, you should be done. Let me know what happened. If that didn't clear up the problem, you might have to clear your browsing history. That's pretty easy. 

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

And if that doesn't work then go and start a topic in the 'Am I infected?' section of BC. This is a form of malware but one that, normally, is easy to get rid of.

If you do start a topic in 'Am I infected?' would you be so kind as to put a post here saying so, then this thread can be closed while you deal with the malware. It is not a good idea to have two topics open at the same time on the same problem, it just leads to confusion.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 john1644

john1644
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

thank you gentleman for your guidance,  have to admit not sure what I did  that corrected the problem, but it's gone and my computer is FREE..............  thanks again.

THIS MATTER IS CLOSED............

Edited by john1644, 21 September 2017 - 09:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users