Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop lags

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AltonRummage

AltonRummage

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

Hello everyone.

Less than a week ago I got a new notebook - Asus Zenbook UX305CA. Windows 10 was preinstalled, and all I had to do was configuring preferences and stuff like that. Pretty soon I've noticed that sometimes a small delay occurs when typing, scrolling or switching between programs. Most of the time it works fine, but when it lags (1/4 of the time?) it's a bit frustrating. Sometimes it gets to a level, where I have to wait for few words to appear on the screen at the same time after I wrote them, and sometimes music in the background interrupts with a cracking noise for a tiny moment in the background. When I was downloading some games to test this laptop's "gaming" capabilities (it has Intel HD 515 graphics and 8GB RAM), and League of Legends was patching, using Firefox became almost impossible due to few seconds delay on everything I did.

I've read that the M3-6Y30 processor is slower than its rivals, but I didn't expected it to be that bad, and I hope that it's somehow solvable. I usually just surf the web with Youtube/Spotify music playing in the background and a notetaking app (Evernote) open. It doesn't seem like any background processes are causing this, just some system stuff. I tried to turn off as much unnecessary things as possible, including Cortana and data-sending W10 options, checked if drivers and system are up to date, taken care to not install any app that could cause this, switched from "balanced" to "high performance" power plan. Still no improvement.

Would be very grateful for help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zzzz

zzzz

• Members
  • 656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:01 AM

Sorry I can't help with your glitches but I had a different few when I got my same model 2 weeks before this Xmas. I sent it back and it was confirmed faulty.

Now I have a new one which works better but some glitches are still there  :the user manual says that pressing the power button puts the laptop into sleep - no it doesn't but now have set that up thru Power button options; no notification when ethernet cable becomes unplugged; on ethernet the aeroplane icon in system tray remains the same, doesn't change to the usual icon;  Fn 7 key to turn off display works but display comes back when it wants to.

I called Asus customer services twice for both laptops and they do try to help but with no definitive solutions  - they can't say if a particular point is a fault or not. The first time I used them the helper wanted to control my laptop but with three different ways of doing so it was not possible! I don't like to do this but with Asus it is OK I think - have you suggested this to support - might help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users