Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop hangs on startup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bassinbob54

bassinbob54

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

Hello everyone, I am haveing an issue with my toshiba laptop satellite c655d when i reboot or startup. It hangs and wont continue unless i force a shutdown (sometimes repeatedly) then it finally continues to start. This dosent happen every time but its a pain when it does. Any help is greatly appreciated .I am running the latest windows 10 version but this issue started with the previous edition. Thank You              p.s. it hangs on the toshiba logo screen every time it hangs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,819 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

As a first, and very simple set of checks, try:

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

Related Link:  https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/ .

Louis

#4 bassinbob54

bassinbob54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

Thank you both for your prompt reply. I ran sfc command and it found no integrity violations so i did not run DISM.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

• 6,819 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

In this case, give DISM a run anyway.  It certainly can't hurt anything.

I am actually not suspecting that this is a Windows 10 OS problem, per se, but having a clean SFC and DISM helps eliminate a multitude of possible sins, so to speak.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#6 bassinbob54

bassinbob54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

I ran the DSIM and it found an issue with a missing file, so i ran it again and it reported back that file was repaired. then i reran sfc and DISM and now everythings fine.I restarted the laptop several times with no hanging so it seems all is fixed. Thank you very much for your help.

#7 britechguy

britechguy

• 6,819 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for taking the time to report back.  If the issue happens to crop up again in the very near future just jump on this thread again, as that way we'll know what you've already done.

~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users