Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new type of BSOD that involves hardware attachments

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 James T Kirk

James T Kirk

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:18 AM

:welcome: hello everybody, how is your day going? :welcome:

found new type of BSOD
this is a "non-standard" variation that involves hardware attachments

very odd.
i have run in BSOD's before, but this isn't like anything i've ever seen or heard about.....

anybody have any ideas how to fix this?
hopefully....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:11 AM

What sort of hardware attachment?

Typically we suggest removing the problem hardware piece and uninstalling the software that it came with.

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
NOTE:  On problem systems it can take up to 20 minutes for the log files to complete.  Please be patient and let it run.

If you still have problems with it running, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link):  https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR, .7z or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 James T Kirk

James T Kirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:58 AM

usasma,
nice to make your acquaintance!

USA, USA, USA
:flowers: redistribution of the wealth of everyone over 17 million dollars for the good of the united states of america, for We The People :flowers:

Quote by USA
"What sort of hardware attachment?":  Netgear n150 wireless USB adapter WNA1100
"Typically we suggest removing the problem hardware piece and uninstalling the software that it came with": 
good idea!!!!!
i already reinstalled it 4 times :football:
i just reinstalled the drivers again, and the "new driver from the manufacturer website"

thanks

Quote by USA
"Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR"
what program do you use for this winzip? can you do it with winrar?
do .rar programs also do .zip files or are they specific
QUESTION
is this a new trend or requirement for web sites to only use .zip files instead of .rar files?

SIDE NOTE
A) now i'm going to have to research the programs that i have to see if they are capable of .zip format             /find and install
or get another program to do so
B)  20 minutes? uh, just a second, that will be awhile. i will let others make comments here in the meantime. just letting you know that i am going to conduct a "complete analysis" of my computer,
and that i am going to send you this information in a ... in a... oh... .zip format? hold on... it'll have to be next time......
C) "MS-Word Format"?: oh, great, now i have to reseach what file format this is and/or get the program that can do this. this will be awhile. this may take more time than i originally anticipated.
D) and create a new topic in another location? this may take some time, on top of time, and more time on top of time
E) and in a addition, to ALSO run another side program (which i don't have yet and installed) to create a "supplimental" secondary diagnostics log file, which, apparently, speccy wasn't enough (though it did
seem like speccy is pretty dang comprehensive, so i don't know what it could leave out?) -- the "memory and hard drive diagnostics".
F) oh, now i have to read 10 more pages of information of ten more links? this may take some time.

did i tell you that all of this will take a little while. it may be couple hours before i complete this 10 step process.
the next report will include a "complete analysis" in a zip file.

other emoticons

CIVILIZATION OF MAN

Attached Files

• Attached File  127.gif   18.08KB   0 downloads

Edited by James T Kirk, 24 September 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:48 AM

I suspect that we might be having some language difficulties here.
Please bear with me if I misunderstand you.  We will work out the language problems as we encounter them.

And, FYI, I do no discuss politics or religion - and I would appreciate you not including them in your posts in this topic.
Should you wish to discuss things unrelated to fixing your system, please post over in the Speak Easy:  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/69/the-speak-easy/

In the past there were numerous problems with wireless USB wifi adapters.
They were known to cause BSOD's and other networking problems.
This seems to have diminished over the last several years - but it's still a possibility.

So, when you remove the device - does that stop the problem?
Then, does the problem only return once you reinstall the device?

What is the OS that you are using (W7, W8, W10)?
When were the drivers that you downloaded released?
Does the website state that they are compatible with the OS that you are using?

Item A)  Somewhere on the Bleeping Computer site is a list of the file formats that are permitted here.
I suggest the .zip simply because of the number of different types of reports that we request.
.zip is built into Windows - simply select the files that you want to compress,

then right click and select "Send to"

Then select "Compressed (zipped) folder"

and Windows will create the ZIP archive for you automatically

Item B)  It does not always take 20 minutes, this is only in extreme conditions where the number of WER errors is very great.

I mention this because many people have stopped the reports without waiting for 20 minutes (and we lose data that way, which then requires more time for us to ask that it be done again)

Item C)  I don't care about the format of this report.  Save it in any format that you choose and I should be able to read it (HTML is easiest for me).

Item D)  As you've already started this topic, you don't need to start another - just continue posting in this one.

Item E) and F) - I will not debate the merits of our program here.  I've been helping people online since around 2000, have been specializing in BSOD troubleshooting since 2005, and established my BSOD website ( http://www.carrona.org ) in 2009.  I was a Microsoft MVP for 11 years, and resigned from the program this past year due to changes in the program.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 James T Kirk

James T Kirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

hi there usasma!
:welcome: how is your day going? :welcome:

hows the weather? any odd weather in CT?
due to the global temperature increase, its $85 billion per hurricane, hitting hard against our country.
oil company carbon emissions are increasing the global temperature and melting the polar caps.

Quote by usasma
"when you remove the device - does that stop the problem?"
before or after the BSOD?
before BSOD + remove the device = no effect
after BSOD + remove the device = no effect

Quote by usasma
"does the problem only return once you reinstall the device?" no
only when device is plugged in and trying to connect to the internet

ISOLATED PROBLEM SPOT
BSOD only when trying to connect to the internet
when netgear wi-fi plugged in, and not trying to connect to the internet, no problems whatsoever, nor any BSOD

Quote by usasma
"What is the OS that you are using (W7, W8, W10)?"
w10 :radioactive:

Quote by usasma
"When were the drivers that you downloaded released?"
its the ORIGINAL DISK that came with the software packaging!!

Quote by usasma
"Does the website state that they are compatible with the OS that you are using?"
don't know. tried to look it up, and it looked compatible.
you know how to get to the windows software/hardware compatibility list?
i couldn't find it the "list"

"not always take 20 minutes"
it did take a while. i ran it 4 times. i was about to stop the program because it was "hanging" and looked like it wasn't doing anything.
:bubbles: i left it running anyways :bubbles:

"resigned from the program this past year due to changes in the program"
sorry to hear that. i looks like you liked this.
if i am allowed to talk to you briefly as a person, and not as some generic automation without life or feelings,
i just want to say that it is AN HONOR to meet you!!! i don't know how i got the honor to meet you, but this is a real privelage.
you are famous. i just want to thank you for all that you have done. i really like your work, it looks pretty through, and brief too, its amazing.
thank you for helping thousands of people and creating this awesome website.

i just want to spend a moment to properly thank you. your awesome!! :clapping:

SIDE NOTE
1) I just used 7z zip, having failed to find a .zip program. so far, i am only able to 7z or rar it. the files are currently 7z'ed. dang, now i am going to have to look again...
2) HOW do you attach files to this site so that you can read them as i was instructed?
3) i just got two zip programs, and tried to install them 5 times, but all with fail. so far, only rar and 7z are capable.

EXPERT HINT
the BSOD only happens at one specific point
i have isolated the problem, as far as time and space

CIVILIZATION OF MAN

Edited by James T Kirk, 27 September 2017 - 02:00 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:38 AM

I suspect that the USB wifi drivers are the problem here.

To prove this, go to the manufacturer's download site and download the latest, W10 compatible version of these drivers.

If there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers, please post back here with that information.

If you're still uncertain about this, let us know the exact model of the Netgear USB wifi device and we'll see what we can find out.

In the event that you cannot upload a file here - I suggest that you upload it to a free file-hosting service (such as OneDrive), ensure that it's shared, then post a link to it here.

Thank you for the kind words.  I've been doing this for a long time and I enjoy it, so I keep doing it! :0)

#7 James T Kirk

James T Kirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:14 AM

hi there usasma!

i just got a zip program and zipped it up. i now have the files that you requested (in the correct format).
PROBLEMS
1) now i have to find a file hosting service

i found Windows 10 compatible drivers
i couldn't find them on the manufacturers website, so hopefully they are better than the BSOD ones i have now, which IS WORSE

Netgear n150 wireless USB adapter WNA1100

Quote by usasma
"In the event that you cannot upload a file here"
of course i can't upload a file on this site dude! you know that!
here are the only options on the bleeping site, under the section of posting on the forum:
"special bbCODE, my media, copy, paste, subscript, superscript, insert 100 tons of bullets and 1 billion dollars of weapons, which the united states sold to the middle east. the united states sold 
weapons to the middle east. the united states sold a 100 ton pile of weapons (1 billion dollars of weapons) to the middle east in 2017, just recently."

"insert bullets for World War 3, insert the millions of people that are going to be in it, desribing them as numbers and not as real people and real lives,
"insert numbers (people which are now only numbers on a peice of paper), link, image, code, alignment of the race of Man toward extinction or the future and life, paragraph alignment"

THESE ARE THE ONLY OPTIONS!!!!!!!!!

update:
oh, okay, its under Advanced Options, down on the bottom, on the right side, for others who are having this same difficulty. called "more reply options"
here it says i can attach files

by the way, HOW do you uninstall windows 10, or is it Absolute Power, and cannot be uninstalled?
"upload skipped, no files was selected for upload)": it is a zip file. dang, it only allows 7z to be uploaded?
IT WON'T EVEN ALLOW ME TO ATTACH A LOUSY text file?????????
what is going on with these difficulties just to be able to post.
as if i didn't already have enough problems as it is.

and now windows just deleted ALL OF MY DATA :thumbup2: without my consent, as windows does whatever windows wants to do, arbitrarily.
THAT'S 258 GIGABYTES WORTH OF DATA
if i had had an answer one day sooner, without these file format posting restrictions, so that I CAN'T EVEN POST A STUPID text file.
:halloween: this stupid thing won't even allow me to post a single file...........

CIVILIZATION OF MAN

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:01 AM

Again, I ask you not to drag politics or religion into your posts.
Should it continue, I will stop replying and will block you from communicating with me.

#9 James T Kirk

James T Kirk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:05 AM

hi usasma.
how are you today?

the end of your life is not politics. the end of all life on earth has absolutely nothing to do with politics. that mass extinction has been proven will happen, this is not related to politics.
what does religion have to do with the end of your life? politics has absolutely nothing to do with all of the Living here on Earth.

some people say that politics does not effect all of the Living here on Earth. and some people say that politics does not influence the life or death of the Living here on Earth, its sickness or health.
Its prosperity or survival.

so now here we are, just you and me.
so now here we are, all life on Earth, this world, and the entire universe which has been created by a supernatural force.

the absolute power of windows 10 was not able to be uninstalled by "user friendly" means, nor a common option available to users, so now i lost 258 gigabytes worth of data.
because of the incompatibility of the rich people with all life on Earth, the lack of compatibility of windows 10, just because of a lousy network connection;
because of trying to get a network connection, i lost 258 gigabytes worth of data.

obviously YOU DON'T COMPREHEND the extent of this travesty. i said i just lost 258 gigabytes worth of data because of this problem. all life on Earth.
and all you have to say is to not give even a single hint or answer, but instead to avoid the subject entirely!!!!!!
this is completely amazing!!!

if i would have had help 1 day sooner, this would not have happened. and now, in trying to restore all life on Earth back to the living, for all data on my HD, i have now also lost a secondary HD, of 160 gigabytes
capacity. so far, i am out $130 dollars on this project, so it would be nice IF YOU WERE A LITTLE NICER TO ME. just a little.
a total loss of all life on Earth, all of the Living, in mass extinction,  258 gigabytes worth of data and a 160 gig HD.

there was an arc of electrity and the smell of burning. burning not just in one place or one land, but all over. the smell was thick in the land, very thick. the smell of burnt. it was dead. now my second 160 gig HD
is not showing up on the computer......

and as far as this web site, i have some advice for the web developers, which could eventually make this web site even better, a USER FRIENDLY feature. I would just like to spend a milisecond stating how the
web developers could kindly place an added feature.
to the 
WEB DEVELOPERS: under the section of "more reply options" where you attach files, place a SIMPLE note stating the file formats that are accepted.
EXAMPLE: "this is the place where you attach files"
this is underneath the box where the user inputs: the text reads: ".7z, .txt, .rtf, .zip", etc for those that are compatible.
and then when your error message pops up, meaning that an error has came up BECAUSE it did not meet the given criteria, in the error message, state,
"this is not the correct file type": if it is not the correct file type         or
"file size is too big, we only accept files of a size less than 8 kilobytes": if the file is greater than 8kb
(not that a 8kb file size limit is a big deal or importaint or anything, but at least put it in the error message statement)
after all it doesn't matter whether your problem is as big as 12 Kb or 258 GB, you should be able to post it before your HD is blown and you lose data!!!!!!!!!

but just think its hilarious that the information you have requested takes up 40mb so i have to split it into 5 parts. i think its funnier than an entire city burnning to the ground, just like the Roman empire did as a history lesson for every man, woman, and child to be slain, that i have to break up a tiny 40mb file into 5 parts. this is just about the funniest thing i have heard in a VERY LONG TIME. like 2000 years.
i can't believe this: the information that you requested, just a single txt file is so big that by itself, i have to make 5 more text files (of the original txt file) just so that i can be able to attach the requested information
to give to you. THIS IS FUNNY!!! ha, ha, ha i lost 258 gigbytes worth of data and destroyed a 160gig HD and now i have another problem.

how do you do cut page in half fast scroll. it is scrolling VERY SLOWLY, so it is taking 5 minutes just to cut small peices from this one txt message. i will have to send the rest of this one txt file later, this is taking a long time and very carpel tunnel non-functional, the process of, but i did my best. here is the first section of what you requested. so for the rest of the one txt file, i will be able to get it to you after about one week of carpel tunnel because it scrolls really slowly and it is a massive file, because your 9 kilobyte file limit is restrictive. carpel tunnel providing, the rest of this file will come later.

UPDATE
just great, i have spent nearly 2 hours looking for "compatible" programs for this web site, installing them, collecting the requested information, and splitting the files up into 9 kb tiny parts.
 and now I STILL CANNOT ATTACH EVEN A 1kb ZIP FILE: 
error message: "file #1.zip upload skipped (no file was selected for upload)????????
where are the web developers? this is starting to get out of control. i need some answers. can you please provide answers???

CIVILIZATION OF MAN

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:20 AM

I have asked you nicely not to use this forum to put forth your own viewpoints.

I have attempted to help you even though you disregard my requests.

Yet you persist in doing this.

I have serious eye problems.  I am totally blind in my left eye, and about 30% blind in my right eye.
Scarring has disrupted the function of:

- my mebomian glands (which produce the oily substance that keeps tears from evaporating too quickly).  Hence my eyes are constantly dry and need frequent lubricating eye drops.

- my tear glands (which produce the liquid portion of tears).  These were also damaged, and the tears are very thin (and very few) and unable to lubricate my eyes.

- my mucin layer (the layer on the surface of the eye that smooths out the surface and helps the tears to spread).  This is totally gone and as such my eyes don't don't properly use those few tears that I have.

Also, there is scarring on the inside of my eyelids, requiring me to wear contact lenses (which aren't recommended for eyes that are having problems)>

And I also have problems with the malfunctioning membomiam glands, which exude crystallized nuggets rather than the oily substance that they're supposed to.

The crystals get caught on the contact lenses and cause scratches - which is painful and causes further vision dispuptions.

In short, my eyes can't take the extra work that you're putting them through.
As such, I have unsubscribed from this topic and will no longer respond to you.

I suggest that you start another post if you still want some assistance.

Good luck to you.

Edited by usasma, 01 October 2017 - 06:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users