Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Failure?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

I have an interesting problem on my hands, though currently it's just a minor annoyance I have a feeling it's foreshadowing hard drive failure.

To start off tonight, I opened DotA 2, jumped in to a match and about halfway through hero selection, my music started stuttering and slowing down. I generally treat that as a CPU overheating and throttling, but when trying to open CPUID, I received an error saying something like "Bad Data Received."

I quickly restarted, and there was another memory error on restart, I didn't think much of it, maybe a program was trying to access an already taken portion of memory, I dunno. A restart fixed my problems, finished my game of dota on voip with a friend with music running, no stuttering, no issues whatsoever.

Then I opened up Tyranny, and clicked Load, which caused tyranny to hang for about 90 seconds. It should be noted that I am working off of a solid state, so 90 seconds is pretty unheard of.

That threw me off guard, I'm not really good at troubleshooting memory issues. I did the only thing I really know how, check defrag, which shows me this: https://i.imgur.com/zBTxGtC.png - I have no idea what that fourth volume is. I'm hoping it's nothing but it's making me pretty paranoid.

Lastly, some relevant event logs:

.NET run time failure:

Application: RzStats.Manager.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 72657A61 (I do recognize a c0000005 from a past hard drive failure, it's a memory access violation or something similar)

Application Error:
Faulting application name: RazerIngameEngine.exe, version: 1.0.12.10038, time stamp: 0x5771a11b
Faulting module name: RzWinMgrSrv.dll, version: 1.0.12.10038, time stamp: 0x5771a0d8
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00027d9c
Faulting process id: 0x2418
Faulting application start time: 0x01d331c058219ab2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\InGameEngine\32bit\RazerIngameEngine.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\InGameEngine\32bit\RzWinMgrSrv.dll
Report Id: f0a147fe-e408-461b-a7b0-d40a0d434acb
Faulting package full name: 

These errors were thrown right around the time my music started stuttering.

Any thoughts? I'm hoping I can just ignore this and carry on, but I'd rather be prepared for hardware failure if it happens.

Edited by britechguy, 20 September 2017 - 09:55 AM.
Moved to Internal Hardware, not Win10 specific

If I'm posting, I probably have something horribly wrong with my computer, there's no obvious explanation for it, that's just the way it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

I can't explain what's shown in that drive optimization screen.  

If you suspect possible impending failure of your SSD then I'd recommend downloading Seagate's Sea Tools (which works on all brands of drives) and running it to see what it turns up for that drive.  See this page:  http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/005706en/ 

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

What is RzStats.Manager.exe and RazerIngameEngine.exe.  I'd check to see if there is an update or known issue with DOT2 and the Razer software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users