Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Beta (Support, Update & News)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:14 PM

Hello everybody, 

I created this thread about Emsisoft Anti-malware (EAM) and Emsisoft Emergency Kit (EEK).

Here you can ask any questions about them and i will gladly answer. 

I will inform you about updates, betas, changelogs or significant news related to EAM and EEK. 

Thank you. :)

Edited by quietman7, 29 September 2017 - 03:58 PM.

Emsisoft Community Manager

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Hello,

We've just released a new beta of Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.9.0.8006 – with BETA updates enabled:

This update will require an application restart.

Please note that Emsisoft Internet Security will automatically migrate to Emsisoft Anti-Malware. This cannot be reversed. Please don’t switch to Stable update feed after the update. Emsisoft Internet Security licenses will be extended on Oct 2nd, 2017, as announced.

• Improved: Connection with Emsisoft Enterprise Console from client side. Available at Settings -> License.
  • Improved: Migration procedure from Emsisoft Internet Security to Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Beta thread

Dedicated thread

#3 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Hi testers,

We highly appreciate your feedback here on the automatic EIS to EAM migration that should take place as soon as you switch to the beta update feed and perform an update.

Migration feedback thread

Edited by Umbra, 29 September 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#4 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:02 AM

Trojan horse removal: Protecting Troy

After a ten-year siege against the seemingly impenetrable city of Troy, the Greeks decided to try something a little more crafty than brute force. Concealing themselves within a trophy offering in the shape of a giant wooden horse, Greek soldiers were able to breach the city walls, capture Troy and win the entire war.

Modern Trojan horses are similarly deceptive. In computer terms, a Trojan horse is any malicious software that disguises itself in order to deceive users of its true intent. Trojans can take the form of just about anything: an innocuous download link, an email attachment sent from a work colleague or an image sent via social media.

Despite being one of the oldest forms of malware, Trojans have proven to be persistent pests and remain the leading cause of malware infection. In fact, they account for about 8 in 10 of all new malware infections.

Nevertheless, it is possible to defend your system against this type of cybercrime. In this article, we’re going to show you exactly how the different types of Trojans work and what you can do to reduce your risk of infection.

Read more here

Edited by Umbra, 30 September 2017 - 05:03 AM.

#5 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

New in 2017.9: Making things simpler and easier.

Over the past month, our development team have spent most of their time fine-tuning our products and simplifying several structures in preparation for exciting new things that are on the horizon. Our biggest change with this release is the merging of Emsisoft Internet Security with Emsisoft Anti-Malware, as we announced earlier. The transition is expected to go smoothly, just like every other monthly software update. If you’d like to learn more about the reasons behind the merger and how it might affect you, please check out our article featuring the most frequently questions and answers on the Windows Firewall.

#6 Xxaimee1433xx

Xxaimee1433xx

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

I think i may have downloaded a virus or something to my usb Stick on my mother in laws pc. This is the site i downloaded it from www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/ i then transferred it to my usb. I couldn't get the file explorer window to close after i was done. It just kept saying it would cancel the transfer of all files. Which was fine bc I was done. Task manager said nothing was running, but i noticed her McAfee was stopped. I then went to virustotal and put the link into the url checker and it came up with 2 negative thumbs down. Which not entirely sure what that means since im not a member and cant read the comments. I will just die if there is a virus on her computer because of me. I linked to the emisoft website through bleeping cuz i dont trust doing it any other way. Is there any way someone can help ease my mind let me know if I did mess up her pc. I never ran the program, just did enough to be able to put it on my usb.

#7 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:35 AM

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about this problem, however I can confirm that the download page is clean. When you copy a file to USB it may take a while depending on how fast your USB transfer speed is and how quickly your device responds. This is normal and no reason to worry. If however you are afraid your computer might be infected, you can always ask for assistance by following the steps here

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#8 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:48 AM

Stay safe online: Top 10 internet safety tips

To the uninitiated, the internet can feel like a scary place – and to some extent, it is. About four new malicious software programs are created per second according to figures collated by IT security analysts AV-TEST.

The stats might sound daunting, but thankfully you don’t have to be a computer wizard to keep yourself safe online. In fact, with a little bit of preparation and the right tools at your disposal, even the biggest technophobes can learn how to navigate the internet without putting themselves at risk.

To celebrate the start of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, we’ve rounded up our 10 best tips to help you browse the web more securely and stay safe online.

Read more here

#9 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Emsisoft Enterprise Console receives AV-Comparatives’ Approved Business Product Award 2017

AV-Comparatives, an independent and well respected organization that specializes in testing security products, has published its Business Security Report 2017. The report features a thorough analysis of a number of managed security products that are suitable for companies using a Microsoft Windows network, and we’re ecstatic to announce that Emsisoft Enterprise Console received the Approved Business Product Award for the second year running!

................................................................................................................................................................................

Is cryptocurrency mining malware the new adware?

No matter what critics say, it’s clear we’re in the midst of a digital gold rush.

Many cryptocurrencies have exploded in value in recent months; Ethereum, for instance, skyrocketed from $8 at the start of 2017 to $289 at the time of writing, while Litecoin’s value grew from $4 to $50 across the same time period. The total market capitalization of cryptocurrencies jumped to almost $180 bn from $19 bn in only 8 months!

cryptcurrency-market-cap-730x307.png

Of course, it’s not only tech-savvy investors who are enjoying the frothy conditions. The lively crypto market has naturally drawn the attention of cybercriminals and hackers, but it’s also attracting crafty website operators who are using sneaky code to turn website visitors into cryptocurrency miners without their consent.

The latter activity raises all sorts of interesting questions. Should in-browser mining be considered criminal activity? Is it simply the next step in the evolution of adware? Or could it be a legitimate way for developers to finance free software?

#10 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:41 PM

The 10 most ridiculous ransomware we’ve ever seen

Ransomware is no laughing matter; just ask the thousands of victims that have had their personal or business files locked away. Yet every once in awhile, there are definitely moments in the lab when we can’t help but smile, scratch our heads and wonder “what on earth were the hackers thinking?”.We want to share some of those moments with you. Here are 10 of the weirdest, strangest and most ridiculous ransomware samples we’ve encountered over the last few years.

Edited by Umbra, 18 October 2017 - 11:41 PM.

#11 Umbra

Umbra

Authorized Emsisoft Rep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:53 AM

New in 2018.1: Revamped Behavior Blocker user experience

Jumping into the new year, we’re proud to announce the first significant update in our monthly release cycle that carries the major version “2018”. The main goal for our development team this month was to streamline and improve the user experience of our most important defence wall against new and unknown malware threats: The Behavior Blocker.

When you open the main user interface of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, you’ll notice that we have merged the panel of the Application Rules with that of the Behavior Blocker. This was a logical move as the two are closely related to the same thing: Defining which of the active programs shall be monitored, are trustworthy, or should be prevented from starting up. Instead of manually creating rules for specific program paths, you can now easily double-click one of the active processes to define a new “allow”, “monitor” (default) or “block” rule. The new application list also shows nicely which programs are excluded from monitoring as it integrates the Exclusions list too.

In the same set of improvements we’re launching a new feature to create application rule templates that professional users can now define via the Emsisoft Enterprise Console. In situations where a specific program needs to be excluded from protection across the entire network, or when a specific unwanted program needs to be blocked from running globally, it’s now an easy task to implement that with templates that also support wildcards and environment variables.

Read more here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users