Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

clean boot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gringo9h

gringo9h

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

how to clean boot win10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the 7W6b39o.png keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

0JgaJnG.png

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

yIKrmLs.png

7. Click on Apply then OK

ljHR4ZW.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

Let me know if the problem persists after restarting the computer.

Posted Image

#3 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

Hi, more importantly why do you want to run a clean boot? Msconfig is a diagnostic util and unchecking a service does not alter that service start status in the registry, or start programs start status in the registry. It is meant for diagnostics only, after determining the issue you need to properly disable or remove offending processes, this is not done through Msconfig.

It is also far less useful then sysinternals utils such as autoruns, process explorer etc...

#4 gringo9h

gringo9h
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

Thanks Freebooter and Jenae for your response. No particular problem at this time other than I E being very slow in W10. I did use

Freebooter's instructions and did a clean boot. No problems.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:44 AM

I think you are still missing the point.  A Clean Boot doesn't resolve problems, it only stops third party service/apps from running for test purposes.  When you follow the instructions all of the third party services will be stopped from running.  When you restart the computer as instructed in step 7 you will either not experience the problem, in this case this would mean that one of your third party services is at fault.  If restarting doesn't resolve this problem then it isn't one of these services.

Once you have determined that a service is at fault you can start adding the checks, the first one should be replace all of the checks in one half of the services and restart the computer.  If the problem doesn't appear remove the checks from the one half and add the checks to the second half of the services and reboot.

You can divide the half of the services by half to further the process of elimination.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 gringo9h

gringo9h
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

please consider this thread finished and resolved to my satisfaction.

gringo9h..........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users