Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PIONEER BD-RW BDR-209D failing to burn

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tkmops

tkmops

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

My PC Blu-Ray burner/player drive has been giving me 'failed' burns for the past few weeks.

Sometimes it will burn just fine, and then it will take 3 or 4 failed attempts to burn successfully.

Today, trying to burn the same data, it failed 6 times. I've tried re-booting, thinking it might be a RAM, or memory issue, but no, burns still fail.

I think my drive may be going bad, can someone take a look at the Log.txt, and see if it indicates what the issue is?  

Win7

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

tkmops:

If you want someone to check your Log.txt file, you either need to copy and paste it into your reply (best option) or select "More Reply Options" on the "Reply to this Topic" screen, and then navigate to the lower left and press the "Attach Files" button.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

my just need a laser lens cleaning.

#4 tkmops

tkmops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

Hmmm...I did attach it. I'll try again. Yes, tried my laser disc cleaning disk. Still failing, even at 2X speed. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  Log.txt   9.88KB   1 downloads

#5 tkmops

tkmops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

Went out to the Pioneer Web site and D/L'd the latest firmware(2016), and installed it. Burning Blu-Rays still fail.

#6 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

laser cleaning disc are horrible,  they were meant for old school lasers that spun the disc and then got a focus lock.  while it was spinning the cleaning disc would do it's job.

players now do a focus lock on the disc without spinning the disc and cleaning disc never get the chance to actually clean the lens.  pull the case apart and clean the lens with some alcohol and a q-tip.   you'll have better results, if that doesn't fix the problem then your lens is probably toast and it's time to buy a new Blu ray recorder.

Edited by mightywiz, 19 September 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#7 tkmops

tkmops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

Just burned some CD's and DVD's OK. Blu-Rays still fail. Looks like it's time for a new drive. 

#8 tkmops

tkmops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:14 PM

Attached File  Log 9-21-17.txt   9.85KB   1 downloadsOne last check before I decide to buy a new drive. I re-booted, and was able to burn 2 Blu-Ray discs, then the 3rd one failed, log is attached. Any comments before I go and buy a new drive?

#9 tkmops

tkmops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

Well, it looks like it may have been a memory issue...just rebooted, and was able to burn 5 Blu disks...so, I guess the issue is solved? If the drive starts failing again, I'll just buy a new one.

Thanks everyone for your help.

#10 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

Could it be a Blu Ray media quality issue?  Tried any other batches of blank BR disks?

7sbvuf-6.png

#11 tkmops

tkmops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Could be, I've been using discs from the same Sony 50 pack, and about 30 have burned ok.

#12 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 889 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

I read online that there are some fake's out there. and they could really be ritek low quality disc's.  you might pay attention to the manufacturer of the disc when your burning software scan's the disc and displays the media info to see if they are actually sony branded disc's or ritek.

#13 pouskidis

pouskidis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:48 AM

Could be, I've been using discs from the same Sony 50 pack, and about 30 have burned ok.

Just these days I bought the Pioneer BDR-209D drive. I had been having the exact same problems, bad burns with every media. My blue ray media is SONY BDR x6 25Gb.

What I did? No firmware update nothing strenuous.

I eject the tray, took my good blower and blew some air into the drive

Now, it burns everything I throw at it, it is PERFECT!

Just needed a good cleaning that's all. These drives have gothered some dust, even though you may have just bought it, it had been a while since they have been manufactured. 

My only regret I did not think of doing this from the very start, I through out 4 blue ray discs and a couple of dvd-r DL in the prosess...

Hope this helps anyone with similar problems! 

Edited by pouskidis, 28 October 2018 - 04:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users