Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NEC NP-PE401H will not display on any laptop I connect HDMI

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JPR55

JPR55

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

I have an NEC NP-PE401H projector. It works fine with my desktop but anytime I put a laptop on to the projector it will never display the screen. I have used a Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 laptop, checked refresh rates and resolutions, updated drivers, etc. The projector shows that it has a connection in the computer but just won't display. I have tried duplicate, extend and even shutting off the laptop screen to see if it will display just the projector and no dice. I am hoping someone here has run into this problem and may have some answers on why it might not be displaying. I am running it through HDMI. Also an APPLE TV displays on the projector as well with no problem. Any help with this would be much appreciated smile.gif

One of the laptops I try to connect is a HP ProBook 4540s

Windows 8.1

i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz

Onboard Intel HD Graphics 4000

8GB RAM

500GB SSD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

Is there a resolution mismatch?

projector is 1920 x 1080

If it isn't being fed video in the correct resolution it may not display

This is an entry level projector according to the manufacturer

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

You don't say so, but have you tried a different cable ?  I don't use projectors very often but I have given a talk to various groups using theirs and never had a problem connecting. Generally they are pretty well 'plug and play' although occasionally you come acrosss a laptop with a switch to use a projector.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#4 JPR55

JPR55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

Thanks for the reply.  Honestly I have not tried a new cable because I figured since the cable works on my desktop with no issue it must be something to do with a possible video setting on the laptops.  I will try your suggestion and get back to you.  Thanks again for the reply.

#5 JPR55

JPR55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:49 AM

Dicke,

Thanks for the reply as well.  I will have to double check some of the laptops I know the one I posted does not do that resolution but with the intel software on the laptop it says if I clone it will make up for those issues, but maybe your correct I just have to find a laptop that can do 1920x1080 and get back to you.  I have a higher end Dell I have tried before that I could of sworn did that resolution.  I will have to take a look and get back to you on it.  Thanks again for the reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users