Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nyetya Trojan ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mrmatt

mrmatt

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:04 AM

In my downloads folder, I had Ccleaner 5.33 setup, which I had forgotten to delete.  We have Ccleaner 5.34 since Wednesday 12th.  We run Windows 10 Home 64-bit.  So therefore it would be the 64-bit Ccleaner we use.

Yesterday Malwarebytes (free) detected Ccleaner 5.33 as Trojan.Nyetya.  I had Malwarebytes quarantine, reboot, and then deleted it.

SInce then, I have run up to date full scans with Malwarebytes and Superantispyware, but nothing found as yet.  I have seen the reports regarding this.  Now doing full scan with Windows Defender.

Not sure where I downloaded it from (5.33), but either FileHippo, or Piriforms own website.

Edited by hamluis, 19 September 2017 - 04:42 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

Hello mrmatt and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.

It seems your version of CCleaner was corrupt/infected, (more information here). Malwarebytes should have dealt with it but we'll have another look to be sure.

Please uninstall the version you have and download and install the latest version of CCleaner if you haven't done so already. This will over-write the bad file

You can download it here.

===================================================

Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Please update and run another scan and let me know if all is now OK.

Thanks

Satchfan

Edited by satchfan, 19 September 2017 - 07:58 AM.

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#3 mrmatt

mrmatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:12 AM

Updated and ran scan this morning, reported nothing this time.

Ccleaner was already up-to-date (5.34) since the 12th.  The one in my downloads folder was the installer for 5.33 which I had forgotten to delete.  That is what Malwarebytes found on Monday.

I have searched through the registry to see if there are any Agomo entries, but nothing found.

Full scans with Superantispyware, and Windows Defender reported nothing.

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:22 AM

All good then?

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#5 mrmatt

mrmatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

It seems so.

I hope so !

Is there any other way I can check, & make absolutely sure please?

Thanks.

#6 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

If the CCleaner issue was your only problem then you have nothing to worry about. The problem with that version of CCleaner threw up diffent names of the 'so-called infection',  depending on which virus scanner you were using.

If you are concerned and want a full check of your system then I suggest you start a topic in our Virus, Trojan, Spyware and Removal Forum.

Nina

#7 mrmatt

mrmatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:03 PM

OK, thank you.

#8 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

:thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users