Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Create An Icon At The Bottom

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cute0206

cute0206

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:08 PM

guys, how do i create a firefox or IE icon at the bottom taskbar of my notebook?
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

Drag and drop it. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#3 cute0206

cute0206
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:07 AM

it doesn't work!?

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:15 AM

Did you try to drop it on the "left hand side" of your syatem tray/taskbar?
Posted Image

#5 cute0206

cute0206
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:19 AM

yeah, i did. there's a window popping up saying"you can not drag an item onto a button on a taskbar......"

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:19 AM

Do you have a shortcut on your active desktop? If so, you can just drag the Ff icon to your quick launch bar. If you do not have one, you can use Windows Explorer to find Mozilla Firefox in your programs folder. Expanding the folder will show you the "Firefox.exe" file with the well-known icon; dragging this file to your quick launch bar will set up a icon/shortcut to Ff.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:19 AM

Make sure the Quick Launch bar is enabled. Right-click on the taskbar, go to toolbars and click "Quick Launch". This will enable the quick launch bar right next to the start button. You can now drag shortcuts to the quick launch bar. (make sure you don't drop the shortcut onto an existing icon or it won't work, rather it'll only launch the program you dropped it on)

If you need to make the quick launch bar wider, right click the task bar and ensure that the "Lock the task bar" is not checked. Then drag the right border of the quick launch bar (made visible when you unlocked the taskbar) to the appropriate position.

You can remove icons from the quicklaunch bar by right clicking on them and selecting delete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users