Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Display Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Oimie

Oimie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Hi guys I've been encountering a monitor display problem ever since I've replaced my old GPU with a new one GTX 1060 6GB. Hard to explain what actually happens so I am providing a link to a video below which I recorded:
http://tinypic.com/r/2ppnaiu/9

Fortunately this problem does not occur often, but enough that I am unable to ignore it. From my judgement, I think this problem only occurs whenever certain colors are displayed on the screen. I think this because it only happens when specific things are being displayed. For example, the first time it occurred was when I was watching a video online. At first I thought my computer was just being weird so I rewound the video back to when it occurred. But it happened again at the same exact point in the video it happened the first time. And right after that specific part of the video is over, everything resumes back to normal instantly. Same thing happens every single time I open this program called Think or Swim which is shown in the video I provided. My screen only goes back to normal after I close the pop up that the program shows every time it is opened, or if I tab out of the program to something else. The program works fine after I close the pop up. 

Just a little more information. I replaced my old GPU with this new one because it was giving me display issues as well. But the old one was WAY worse. Whenever I watched a video, my computer would just freeze. I know it was not just the display that froze because of the sound that was coming out of the speakers. After I replaced it with this new GPU everything is back to normal except this particular problem that occurs once in a while.

Anyone know what the issue is and how it can be solved? Here is a DxDiag image of my computer. Let me know if you guys need any other information. Thanks!

http://i66.tinypic.com/nmg6y0.png

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users