Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"China" suddenly appeared on my windows firewall.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alagarazu

Alagarazu

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

Good evening, everyone. This will be a somewhat weird tale.
I was trying to play Magicka with friends online, when, due some port problems, I was directed to make a specific port for the game. Before I do -anything-, I went to the windows firewall screen to see if said game was allowed to communicate with the outer world. Unsurprisingly, it was.

But out of nowhere, I check that one of the things 'allowed' to communicate with my computer through the firewall is... well.. "China". Just the name, China. It was allowed bot Public and Private resources. So I try to uncheck private, success, uncheck public... I fail? I tried closing and opening the screen and, when I open it again, voila, TWO "Chinas", one with the public, and the other private, none allowing me to uncheck the screens.

What do I do? What the heck is this?

"This is my BOOMSTICK!"
- Unknown medieval hero, Ancient writtings inside a cave.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alagarazu

Alagarazu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

Nevermind. It seems that my sister was paranoid about the chinese trying to invade her computer and placed a series of IP blocks through advanced security. Apologies for wasting your time, please delete this topic (unless this problem seems to be completely different).

"This is my BOOMSTICK!"
- Unknown medieval hero, Ancient writtings inside a cave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users