Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual monitor recordable 'screen tear'

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chryspa

Chryspa

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

Windows 7 x64
Trying to use my BenQ as my primary/gaming monitor, and the ASUS monitor as a video/web browsing monitor.

Examples of my problem:
In a java-based game: https://i.imgur.com/wlT0Iud.png

I've tried enabling/disabling hardware acceleration, v sync in NCP, changed to performance mode, tried new cables and tried changing the cables around. I've tried having one monitor in my GPU and one in my CPU and it was horribly laggy/slow. If I change the display on my ASUS monitor to 1280x800 then it seems like the screen tear on my BenQ goes away, the higher I make it the higher chance its going to happen though. And it visually looks like crap. If I change to PC only/clone, then I don't get the tear, as soon as I change it back to extended I tear again. What else can I try doing? I was thinking of installing Windows 7 or maybe 10 this time, on a seperate partition, install a few things I need and see if I can get the tearing again; I was told it looks like a software issue. I was also told I should try re-seating my GPU, however with what I've posted above I'm not sure if I should start there, I don't really think that'll make a difference, will it? TIA

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2017 - 08:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

it's probably not the monitor, check you taskmanger performance tab and look at how busy your cpu is.

how much ram do you have installed, what OS?

what video card are you running?

why don't you download speccy from piriform.com and post results on this page, it will give us a better starting point.

#3 Chryspa

Chryspa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:03 PM

CPU currently at 3-10%. RAM at 5G/16G, I run Windows 7 x64 and here are my specs: https://i.imgur.com/7WdGtfv.png

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2017 - 08:28 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

Is THIS your topic?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users