Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Authentication

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smb985

smb985

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

We use a billing software tied to a sql database. We have some users who are no longer able to login to that software. It will time out when connecting to the database. They can login to their workstations just fine. According to the logs, they have bad passwords. But what is odd is that they cannot login from their own workstation but sometimes they can login from another one or a laptop just fine with the same credentials. I have created new passwords but that did not work. I can add a new user to the domain and also the software and that will not work. One lady was right in the middle of billing and she got kicked out of the software and was unable to connect again. Gave her a different computer and she was able to login and do her billing. I am at a loss as to where to look for the issue. Seems like a computer/dns issue but like i stated, you can add a new one to the domain and it may not work. Any ideas where to look?

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

Is the billing software installed on their computers or are they connecting to it remotely?

How does the software tie in to the SQL database? Do they users need to have credentials to access the database? How are those credentials managed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users