Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow WiFi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 huntsin2

huntsin2

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

Hi,

I know someone that is having issues with slow WiFi. They have WiFi coming from the cable provider's router, and they also have an Apple AirPort Express setup.

Is this type of setup known to generally cause slow WiFi speed due to having two signals?

Edited by huntsin2, 18 September 2017 - 08:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 huntsin2

huntsin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

I found earlier today from an apple forum post that the cable provider modem/router should be at least 6-8 feet from the AirPort Express. I will try to find the link.

Here is the link mentioning the 6-8 feet.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6836085?start=20&tstart=0

Edited by huntsin2, 18 September 2017 - 09:07 PM.

#3 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

Interesting, who is the ISP and what kind of modem?

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

#4 huntsin2

huntsin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

Thank you for your interest arlattimor. It ended up being a non-issue. I went and checked out the setup myself, and the router and the AirPort Extreme were not causing a conflict. I did a speed test and it came back very fast. I would note that they were close to the 6 feet away.

Edited by huntsin2, 22 September 2017 - 02:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users