Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my WiFi not allowing me to access my website?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 entertainedhousewife

entertainedhousewife

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

Good morning!

I recently bought my domain from Ecowebhosting.co.uk and have successfully downloaded WordPress and am actively connected to ICANN now for my website to be fully up and running.  We have recently moved from the US to the Bahamas, and have noticed some issues online like websites not fully working or allowing us access on our home computer (purchased and used in the US for a couple years now).  My website is showing on my husband's computer at his work (again, in the Bahamas) that the website is good to go for me to start playing around on WordPress, but when I try logging on our home computer, the website is not working.  It will not work on my phone either.  Is there any chance it is an issue with our network?  Has anyone else had this issue before in another country?  We tried deleting all of our history, cache, and cookies on both my phone and the computer -- still not working.  I also rebooted the router hoping that would help -- still not working.

Thanks for the help!!

E.H.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

The only thing I can suggest it to use OpenDNS servers. Make sure you flush the DNS cache after changing the DNS servers or reboot.

OpenDNS Window 7

OpenDNS Windows 8

OpenDNS Windows 10

#3 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Have you tried flushing your DNS cache on your computer then clearing your browser's cache as well? Those 2 things usually resolve the issues.  

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

#4 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

To flush your DNS Cache open a command prompt and run as administrator. In the prompt type ipconfig /flushdns then hit the up arrow key and replace /flushdns with /registerdns and hit enter. To clear your browser's cache you can google instructions on the internet.

Edited by arlattimor, 24 September 2017 - 12:44 PM.

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users