Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dukase V2 Where do plugs go?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YoungGrassHoppa

YoungGrassHoppa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:49 AM

Greetings,

First time builder and poster here, thanks for assistance:

DEEPCOOL Dukase Liquid ATX Mid Case, 240 Water Cooling System LED Lighting System Visible Fluid Flow Case

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 LGA 1151 Intel ATX Motherboard

I have several plugs from this case that I can seem to find homes for on/in the motherboard.
Not sure if there's a way to post pictures on here so I'll write out what I can.

There is 2 single prong plugs: "POWER LED+" and "POWER LED-" 
-Should I be looking for a single prong male on the motherboard or could I try plugging each of these into a place that has 4 male prongs together?

There's also "H.D.D LED +-" and "RESET SW" ...both are 2 prong female, can I put these side by side on a 4-prong male area on the motherboard?

Lastly, from the cooler directly there is a 3 prong female and for the life of me I cannot even see a spot for that to plug into.

Thought I would give building a shot, seem to be way in over my head. The main hardware-CPU, GPU, PSU, SSD, etc. I have been able to to seat/connect without issues (thank Youtube), but I can't find anything online or any videos concerning all the little plugs. If answering these questions isn't really possible then could someone direct me to some sort of online manual/guide?

Thank you for your time, please advise.

Edit* Added link with some pics.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:14 AM

What component contained the packaging for these "plugs"?

Have you looked at any of the "Reviews" for this case?

Louis.

Edited by hamluis, 18 September 2017 - 05:26 AM.

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:21 AM

Most things seem to be labeled fairly clearly on the quick setup documentation:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/QIG/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Gaming%20K6_multiQIG.pdf

The PLED and HDLED connectors have no polarity label, but it's just a matter of one way will light up, the other way doesn't.

The FAN connectors, including CPU_FAN1 have a bar which presumably indicates the 3 pin connection on the 4 pin base.

Please indicate further specifics if there's still some things unclear.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users