Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scheduled Defragmenting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jbmoisin

jbmoisin

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:52 PM

I'm using XP home and i'm having trouble to scheduled my laptop to defragment. It says :

An error has occured while attempting to set system task account information.
The specific error is:
0x80070005 :access is denied
You do not have permission to perform the requested operation.

The problem is, the /system32 file is not block by any pw and i'm logging in by the only account this computer have. So, it has to be the admin as i've check, and found no other account.

I'm a bit curious about this. Any ideas why?
Posted Image
For the team from the Eternal City, 90 minutes at Old Trafford must have seemed an eternity indeed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

jbmoisin:

You may find the following support article helpful.

http://www.mcse.ms/message1901905.html

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:
JC

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:53 PM

FYI - you must be using a password to run the Task Scheduler app in XP. A blank password will not work.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 jbmoisin

jbmoisin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:11 AM

FYI - you must be using a password to run the Task Scheduler app in XP. A blank password will not work.

I know. But when i put a password, still the same error msg came out.
Posted Image
For the team from the Eternal City, 90 minutes at Old Trafford must have seemed an eternity indeed.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:40 AM

It is very doubtful that this is the only account on the system. For example, your desktop is comprised of 2 accounts - your account and the All Users account. You've also got another account called the Default User - it's used to set up new profiles. Usually there are also a couple of other accounts that don't even show up under normal circumstances.

Some systems hide the Administrator account. The easiest way to check this is to go to Start...Run...and type in "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and see what it says about your current account and any other accounts on the system.

If you get an error message, or an access denied message when trying this - you don't have administrative privileges in the account that you're using.

Have you tried creating a new, administrator account and running the task from there? This will tell you if the problem is with your profile, or if it's with the entire system.

Once you've weeded through all of this stuff, then comes the fun stuff (solving access denied messages). Here's a little how to on that subject: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42756/how-to-fix-an-access-denied-errors/

Good luck!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users