Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unusual keyboard issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joanne_JD

joanne_JD

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

hi fellow geeks... i'm really stuck on this one!

i'm rather computer savy but this one has me stumped..i've researched for over a week now...

here goes

Long story short…keyboard stopped working on laptop, dell 5759 touch screen..nothing on it was working…. I am rather computer savy, hence I did do they obvious things, including removing driver via device manager.  Tried exterior keyboard, it would not respond either.   Took it to a PC repair shop, they had it for an entire day, unable to resolve as well.  Their suggestion.  Return it to dell have motherboard replace.

I’m not convinced its mother board.  No other issues.  I can use exterior mouse and OSK. 

I did a reboot and used my F2 key to get into bios.  It got me there.  It’s now doing an ePSA  diagnostic scan.  That’s another perplexing issue…in this screen, my arrow keys and enter key, the only ones I can use in this screen, do work!!    And as I said, nothing on my keyboard works when my windows is up!

Could a factory reset help for this?   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

It certainly couldn't hurt. You could either try booting up into a live Linux distro if you can and if the problem goes away, then it is definitely a Windows OS issue. At that point, a reset or a completely clean Windows re-install would fix your worries. If the problem does continue to occur, however, you'd need to follow the advice they gave you at the repair shop. Good luck, friend.:)

#3 joanne_JD

joanne_JD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

thanks for your reply! it is doing a scan, will await that out...really sweating it out,. i need this up and running for monday.  i work from home, it's my everything.  i do have all i need backed up, not worried about that.  i don't want to have to work off this crappy mini.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users