Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kali Linux corrupts now I can't install Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 masonr123

masonr123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:34 AM

Ok, so I had Kali Linux on my laptop and recently it asked me to restart to update some software. So I restarted it and then I got tons of errors and it restarted. I was then taken to some sort of boot manager or something. I booted into a live Kali USB to try and get my data back - my data was gone. I then wanted to install Tiny 7 onto it because my data wasn't really that important and it's a slow laptop. It seems to install fine until it boots up and shows an error:

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I then try to install normal Windows 7 and it shows the same error.

Does anyone know the issue and the solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

Please be more descriptive of your problem. Were you running Kali Linux off a USB stick? Was Windows 7 your original OS? It's hard to understand what's going on here.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 masonr123

masonr123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

Please be more descriptive of your problem. Were you running Kali Linux off a USB stick? Was Windows 7 your original OS? It's hard to understand what's going on here.

Kali Linux was my original OS and was installed onto the HDD, it then corrupted so I tried to install Windows 7 onto it.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

So you can't install Windows 7? If so, I suggest you post in the Windows 7 forums: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/167/windows-7/ The experts there will be able to help you better.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 masonr123

masonr123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

So you can't install Windows 7? If so, I suggest you post in the Windows 7 forums: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/167/windows-7/ The experts there will be able to help you better.

Wait, I'll try and install another version of Windows and I will get back to you.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Okay. Is this machine a ChromeBook? If it is, here's a guide how to install Windows on it...

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-install-windows-chromebook/

If you still have trouble installing Windows, I suggest you run SeaTools for DOS (the LONG generic test please)

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-dos-master/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users