Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with latest (Sept) update.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 compunerd

compunerd

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:46 PM

I just did the Sept update for Windows 10 and now this appears on startup. "Accelerometerst.exe-system error  The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem". My computer seems to work fine otherwise after I click "ok".   Where can I find this program? Thx!

HP Pavilion Laptop

Win10 64 bit

Intel Core I3 5020U @ 2.20Ghz

8GB Ram

Intel HD Graphics 5500

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

Possible solution. Related to HP 3D Driveguard

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,883 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

Try:  

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#4 compunerd

compunerd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Thx guys! Issue is resolved. It was the HP 3D Drive guard. Uninstalled & reinstalled. There was an HP update I did after the Win10 update so that's probably where the error came from.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,883 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for taking the time to report back.  It's really useful information for future searchers on the same issue to have.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users