Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need advise on upgrading storage in desktop pc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sannyN

sannyN

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Hi,

I want to upgrade my system's storage and RAM.
Here is the link to my system config detail : https://ibb.co/gey0dk
I am looking to add a 2 tb 7200 or more RPM hdd in the system as the current 1 TB hdd is running out of space. Currently i have 2 X 4 GB RAM and i want to boost it to 16 gb which is the max capacity of the motherboard. I need to run virtual box , in order to run linux in it.

Is it advisable to add a SSD hdd in the current system config?

There is a issue with my graphic card (i think) because when i increase the monitors brightness the screen looks weird and when i decrease its brightness, the content on screen looks better. Is it the issue of Graphic card or monitor?

Please suggest all the options.

Thanks,

Sanny.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 adamsleath

adamsleath

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:09 AM

1 vote for Western Digital blacks from me.

im interested to hear more opinions too. :)

SSD's for operating files will always help your load times regardless of your other system configs.  and all storage drives can be kept long term......

personally for my needs a 500gb ssd is sufficient.  some find 256GB fine.  but SSD's will theoretically last longer if they have a bit of spare space.  at least this is what I have read.

Edited by adamsleath, 17 September 2017 - 05:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users