Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Freezes while playing net game.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

So my computer is crashing while I play net game and watch youtube same time. Symptoms: First I hear click sound which is a USB device click. Then computer hangs up few seconds. Then I hear second click and computer hangs up TOTALLY. My mouse freezes and on my keyboard all light flash (Numlock, Capslock and Scroll Lock). Only the reset button helps to fix this. ARRGGHHH!!! :smash:  :ranting:  :axe:  So. What an EARTH is going on here???

Some of my system specs:

BIOS-Version / Date: American Megatrends Inc. 0802, 24.02.2012

SMBIOS-Version: 2.7

Motherboard: ASUSTek COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-M (LGA1155)

My computer Hibernation mode is enabled and I heard it could cause problems. Should I disable it or not?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

Update: This is happening when I use Youtube during net game. Not when I am playing with cards like FreeCell.

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,990 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

My speccy log:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/MLPqv4s84FqRyiZFWZsFE23

Attached Files

#5 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

Also I wonder if this helps: When I turn on programs and shut them. Some stuff always leaves on RAM. Does re-starting computer purge that RAM or should I use system optimizer for that?

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

Hi,

My guess this is a graphics driver/networking problem. We see many Live Kernel Events in the WER section of the MSInfo32 report which further confirm my guess.

Anyway, first, please ensure that Windows is fully updated. You have 357 installed. Occasionally (theoretically very rarely) BSODs/hangs can be caused by missing Windows Updates. Here's a guide on how to check for and install Windows Updates:

Do triple-check, as it usually takes several checks to get all available updates.

Also, in newer versions of Windows (and even older ones), I always recommend that your BIOS is fully updated to rule out the chance of low-level compatability issues. I've seen cases in which problems that appeared to be hardware-related were actually because of a buggy BIOS version. Anyway, in your case, your BIOS version is 0802 from 2/24/2012. Updates can be found on your motherboard's (or manufacturer's) website. As updating the BIOS presents several risks, please ensure that your computer doesn't have the risk of shutting down halfway through (so DO NOT update it during a thunderstorm or if the state of the PSU is questionable) and double-check that you have obtained the correct BIOS version for your motherboard. Here are some guides that I've found on the internet:

These are just general guides. ALWAYS follow the instructions posted on your motherboard's (or manufacturer's) website.

Please reinstall ALL networking drivers from your motherboard's website (if possible just update ALL drivers) and update your graphics drivers, using this download link please.

If problems still persist (and while you're waiting for a response), please begin running these hardware diagnostics.

Regards,
bwv848

p.s. What browser are you using? Are you using one of those USB WiFi dongles?

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#7 CrimsonPC_Help

CrimsonPC_Help

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

Follow these instructions. First Restart PC

Then go into Bios (Usually by mashing F7 or DEL

Then hit the restore to defaults button

Fixed all of my bluescreens I have EVER came across. If it doesn't, Also do you have a picture of it. If it says like Thread_Stuck or Memory_I am not sure what it says after that, This will usually fix it. Also upgrade your graphics card drivers. Hit the Windows key and search "System Information" Then go to the graphics section

#8 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

I think I don't do that BIOS update myself because it sounds really dangerous. I let computer store do that when I take my computer to dust cleaning there. I think I found the culprit myself: It was some old drivers that needed to be updated. That Secunia PSI software scanner is slow to use. Kaspersky Software Scanner and PatchMyPc are more quicker and efficient to use.

I use Firefox browser and direct net cable. I had USB Wi-Fi dongle but it overheated and went broken so I got direct cable instead.

Edited by 34BLEEP00XX, 16 September 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#9 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:35 PM

Hi,

Glad you find the culprit. Curiously what drivers were they? I requested for you to update ALL drivers in an earlier post, and I'm just wondering whether they're networking/graphics card/USB...

Regards,

bwv848

#10 CrimsonPC_Help

CrimsonPC_Help

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

I think I don't do that BIOS update myself because it sounds really dangerous. I let computer store do that when I take my computer to dust cleaning there. I think I found the culprit myself: It was some old drivers that needed to be updated. That Secunia PSI software scanner is slow to use. Kaspersky Software Scanner and PatchMyPc are more quicker and efficient to use.

I'm not saying for you to do a Bios update... I am saying go in there and hit the restore to defaults button. 

#11 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

I think this ERROR message is a potential culprit here. It relates to that click sound which comes from USB device.

Error message is:

Level: Error

Source: usbperf

Error code: 2001

First Counter -value can't be read from position usbperf\Performance Key. Situation codes returned from files.

Same by Finnish:

First Counter -arvoa ei voi lukea kohdassa usbperf\Performance Key. Tilakoodit palautettiin tiedoissa.

Info: This error have been repeated and reported today OVER 40 times. Sheesh.

Edited by 34BLEEP00XX, 17 September 2017 - 06:09 PM.

#12 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:03 PM

AGAIN my event viewer is filling with those usbperf error messages. Same error code and message. It is like happening every 14 and 16 minute intervals.

Ok this is worrying: Also my explorer.exe is crashing regular basis.

Type: Error

Error code: 80

Source: SidebySide

Eventcode: 80

Aktivointikontekstin luonti kohteelle C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe epäonnistui. Virhe luettelo- tai käytäntötiedoston  rivillä . Sovelluksen edellyttämä osaversio on ristiriidassa jo aktiivisena olevan osaversion kanssa. Ristiriitaiset osat: Osa 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_fa3b1e3d17594757.manifest. Osa 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.18837_none_41e855142bd5705d.manifest.

TOO complicated to translate. I hope you have dictionary ready.

Edited by 34BLEEP00XX, 18 September 2017 - 12:09 PM.

#13 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

Sorry to hear that. Did you follow my earlier suggestions:

Please reinstall ALL networking drivers from your motherboard's website (if possible just update ALL drivers) and update your graphics drivers, using this download link please.

If problems still persist (and while you're waiting for a response), please begin running these hardware diagnostics.

#14 34BLEEP00XX

34BLEEP00XX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:49 AM

That display dirver packet reverts my drives WAY back to older versions. Is it safe to download?

My drivers is 385.41 and it reverts it to 306.23

Update: My shader clock graph on display card goes WAY UP during that click. Can it cause this jamming problem.

Part of those tests on your external link looks really dangerous like that Furmark GPU test. It can burn up your GPU. Yikes!

Edited by 34BLEEP00XX, 20 September 2017 - 03:00 AM.

#15 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

That display dirver packet reverts my drives WAY back to older versions. Is it safe to download?

My drivers is 385.41 and it reverts it to 306.23

Yes. Those drivers are specifically intended for your ASUS graphics card. ASUS has tested that driver with your graphics card and has found that it works well.

Update: My shader clock graph on display card goes WAY UP during that click. Can it cause this jamming problem.

Part of those tests on your external link looks really dangerous like that Furmark GPU test. It can burn up your GPU. Yikes!

The tests are safe. They are only dangerous if your don't follow instructions. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users