Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 professional

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joe_25

Joe_25

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Hi to all on the forum
A Very strange situation happened today i have a problem with the CPU on AMD Athlon 64 3000
It was in the Bios around 65c but on opening programmes Youtube or Firefox was reaching upto 80-90
So i replaced the Thermol Paste i used Artic 5 a small blob and tried it again it is around 58c in the Bios
but still goes up and down with fan revving climbing around 94 and slowly coming down when i close things.
But to add to all of this the strange thing that has happened is i tried out IE 11 to see if it used less ram than
Firefox but it was pretty useless .
So i decided to disable IE 11 and try Firefox again .When i tried to click most downloaded programmes like firefox ,Nothing really works now on the desktop it just gives me Error messages
that it cannot open the programmes also when i tried to install Firefox via IE now (IE 8 )after i did a System restore it open the download but was trying to get me to open it in notebook or windows essentials or Avast totally bizzare .I can open Speccy which shows i still have windows 7 installed .
But everything i download can only be modified in a list that doesnt include windows 7 ,and wants to revert back to windows XP service pack 3 ,I am totally lost on this Even Avast i have to manually click to work each boot .I could uninstall Avast to download a new one to start a fresh.The only thing i can think may of caused things to go so wrong was i was trying to keep the cleartype to stay on and saving it as it would not save on each boot so i had to adjust the Remote Desktop Connection which was odd!
I can access internet on IE but it acts very slow and strange .I would certainly appreciate some help on this i have no idea what to do BTW i did an Avast scan and didn't find a virus ,so am still scratching my head!
Thanks for any help.

Edited by Joe_25, 15 September 2017 - 04:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#3 Joe_25

Joe_25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

Hi Louis
thank you very much for your very helpful advice .
I will follow your instructions and do this tomorrow as im in England UK
as it is getting a little late here! Thanks for your generous time on my problem.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

No hurry...someone will be around to try to assist :).

Louis

#5 Joe_25

Joe_25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:55 AM

I downloaded MiniToolBox but it worked but did not give me a report to paste
and when i used the troubleshoot compatibility and i click trouble shoot problem
what ever question i answer example about the programe starting properly i eventually end up at what ever i check in this
i keep getting either option to reset to XP service pack 2 or final result is incompatible device and then trying all ticks together
i get a list of Windows Vista down to windows 95! So it looks like cannot use MiniToolBox
So i am a bit stuck ,any help i would be grateful.

Edited by Joe_25, 16 September 2017 - 04:56 AM.

#6 Joe_25

Joe_25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

Hello Louis
thank you for all the links which i can always refer back too ,Although under the other CPU issues would you think it a good idea to follow your previous instruction with MiniToolBox etc?Only problem is i cant find where the Minitoobox report is located after it has finished.

I have solved the programme issues error message cannot anitiate Xcom from removing most of the programmes ie CCleaner and will reinstall them using Internet Explorer to access to the internet I used Revo Uninstaller to remove as much leftovers as possible .As the biggest problem seemed to be the Error message when trying to open Firefox oranything and many other conflicts which was causing even more conflicts with The PC intself I will however check the CPU for heating issues too and keep an eye on temperatures ,Thank you for your efforts and time on my original problems very much appreciated to your wisdom.England UK
PS i have reinstalled Firefox after using the Revo unistaller which would of deleted the original Mozzilla Folder.

Edited by Joe_25, 16 September 2017 - 11:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users