Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

display changing brightness asus ux330ua

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vargint

vargint

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

I recently purchased this laptop.

This is something I noticed when playing full screen movies/tv shows.  When the scene is mostly dark, the display can flicker it's brightness a bit. 

I turned the adaptive brightness off and no change.  Although it has to do with how dark the scene currently playing is, not ambient light.

The display on this notebook isn't bad, but it's my first matte and i'm not impressed.  The old glossy one looked better.  Especially watching movies and such.  When I watch movies I tend to turn up the brightness for best viewing.  While on the glossy, I could just leave it turned down and it was fine.  I wonder if calibrating the colors would help at all....

Has anyone else had this brightness flickering?  Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users