Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Monitor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DreadTech

DreadTech

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

Greetings,

I have an HP Folio Laptop connected to a Widescreen Monitor via a HDMI adaptor. For some reason the highest resolution is now 1366 x 768 it used to be 1920 x 1080. Not sure what happened this happened a few months ago but it resolved itself.

Edited by hamluis, 15 September 2017 - 01:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

The only reason that I've seen this happen was with a failing HDMI cable/connector.  It's also possible the adapter you are using maybe failing.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Are you duplicating the displays?  When you duplicate it will go to the lowest resolution of the two displays.  If the laptop displays 1920 x 1080 and the external monitor displays 1368 x 768 then the resolution will be set to 1368 x 768, the lowest common resolution.

If you extend the display each monitor should be able to be set to its native resolution, even if the resolution of the two monitors is different.

#4 pistol22cal

pistol22cal

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Are you duplicating the displays?  When you duplicate it will go to the lowest resolution of the two displays.  If the laptop displays 1920 x 1080 and the external monitor displays 1368 x 768 then the resolution will be set to 1368 x 768, the lowest common resolution.

If you extend the display each monitor should be able to be set to its native resolution, even if the resolution of the two monitors is different.

I agree with this good information!

I Love Lamp!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users