Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Doesnt Load And Makes A Beeping Noise

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 philbankes

philbankes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:57 AM

hi,

my pc doesnt even get to the windows screen and it starts to make this annoying beeping noise
i wonder if anyone can help.

ive tried cleaning the fans of dust etc. but i have no idea where to go from there.

any help or suggestions would be a real help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

Need more information to help you with this. What is the make and model of your computer? Those beeps you are hearing are BIOS error codes. Depending on what BIOS your computer has installed these codes will tell you where the problem is. So give us more information and we can take it from there.
Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:34 AM

Since the BIOS is giving you a beep code, there's a good likelihood that the problem is related either to the RAM or the video. But, yeah, a little more information is needed to make a more accurate assessment.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2006 - 02:05 PM

Describe the way the beeps sound - like one short, two long, etc, and what bios and version do you have?

Bios beep codes:
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

Edited by Enthusiast, 18 September 2006 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users