Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Multiple DNS servers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LM3

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

We installed a new wireless router ( TENDA AC18 1900 ROUTER) to handle the routing behind our FIOS Actiontec MI424WR modem router. I now have 2 subnets with 2 DNS servers. I now seem to have a big delay accessing drives on the other computers on my Windows network. Could this be causing a problem?

Attached Files

• Attached File  dns.jpg   76.63KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

If by dns server you mean the gateway address, well that's not the best dns server to use.

Assign specific dns servers in the dhcp scope

I also doubt that is what is causing the delay

#3 i2D_

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

most likely just bandwidth... your accessing drives over wifi can be slow... plug them in to the router and youll be accessing the drive much quicker.

DNS just resolves names.. if you still think its that then browse to the share with the IP and notice the speed will be the same.

Edited by i2D_, 16 September 2017 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users